Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

sopretty wrote: »
    To qualify my earlier statement to which you all took umbrage. I want to know WHY so much money is being thrown at this apparent search effort.

You and Maryishere are on the same wavelength in some respects. She thought the plane was deliberately lost to cost the "west" money etc..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89570249&postcount=711

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Can we leave it now, nearly 3 full pages taken up by a personal remark which is ridiculous, as much as the remark was itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What happened to all the bodies. Would they have disappeared with impact of crash, would the bodies have sunk or would they float?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

So the 'families' are a minor consideration. Is that a fair statement?

At this point, yes. This event is now bigger than the unfortunate people who have lost their lives and their families.
    Do you think that the British, the US, Chinese and Australian militaries are concerned about the general travelling public?
    ETA Do you honestly believe that all of these massive nations came together with all of their military capabilities being exposed for the sake of the general travelling public?

At this point yes, obviously the Chinese have a specific mission to seek their citizens lost on their flights. But for the rest yes even if their only interested in their own travelling public.

Let's face it, they are hardly exposing their military capabilities. Look at what they are using. Even if they are using state of the art kit they could always put any find though to pot luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Five Lamps wrote: »

Let's face it, they are hardly exposing their military capabilities. Look at what they are using. Even if they are using state of the art kit they could always put any find though to pot luck.
    And who would believe that? Other nations? The Defence Ministers of other nations? The general public?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

To qualify my earlier statement to which you all took umbrage. I want to know WHY so much money is being thrown at this apparent search effort.

Go and ask in the conspiracy theories forum, as clearly you are not hapyy with the three pages of perfectly acceptable answers to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

What happened to all the bodies. Would they have disappeared with impact of crash, would the bodies have sunk or would they float?

Bodies float for a time and then sink, then over a few days they float to the surface again. Something to do with the way we decompose:confused: but by now you'd be doing well to find one on the surface unless something is keeping it afloat (life jacket, seat cushions). And that of course is if they were thrown from the plane on impact...

Chills the bones even typing that.....:(

keith16 wrote: »
    Go and ask in the conspiracy theories forum, as clearly you are not hapyy with the three pages of perfectly acceptable answers to your question.

If they were perfectly acceptable answers, they'd make sense. They don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

If they were perfectly acceptable answers, they'd make sense. They don't.

Ok, well please accept that these are the only answers you're likely to get here, and ask elsewhere if you want. This thread is difficult enough to read as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Based on the theory that the plane may have "landed" on the water and then been deliberately sunk, I imagine all the bodies are entombed inside the plane.
    Or they could still be in the plane if whoever was flying the plane successfully attempted a nose dive into the water. With little or no fuel the wings and engines could have been ripped off, they would have most likely filled with water and sank without a trace also.

• Advertisement

Based on the theory that the plane may have "landed" on the water and then been deliberately sunk,

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

The last few pages of this thread are a disgrace.

Ye're talking absolute nonsense to each other and it's completely de-railing the thread.

Can we get back to some normal discussion about this event?

Arguing over the Malaysian government using the families as their reason for the search or not? Come on lads :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Yeah go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here! :)

Still not one piece of wreckage found, very odd that. You would think that something would have been found,no matter how small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I was reading an interesting discussion where someone mentioned something that hasn't been brought up yet here, and that I think might have some relevance.

Were the plane to have made it intact onto the water, and then sank in state, the pressure as it reached lower than 700 ft would have flattened it like a pancake, to use the words of the poster on this other site.

I can't seem to quote from there, but the person says
    " Depending on when an intact aircraft imploded on the sinking point would determine the level of the pancaking and whether it would be catastrophic enough that debris would escape from inside the cabin"

It's on there http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6049689

So there is still a chance that debris would have escaped, in the unlikely event the plane did hit the water intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ok I skipped the last few pages due to horse dribble from a certain poster, did I miss any informative updates regarding MH370?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So we're getting somewhere?

So, does it annoy you every time you hear about the search continuing for the sake of the 'families'?
    Not at all. This investigation is a whole event.....worldwide aviation safety could be at sake if this was some sort of technical issue......and while the families of those 239 may be down the list of priorites for the search effort, their need still exists.

On another note I expect that none of the Chinese families will be satisfied with the Malay Govt until some debris, the CVR/FDR are located or even the wreckage recovered/located.

So yes, the families are part of the reason for the continued search effort.
    Do you think that the British, the US, Chinese and Australian militaries are concerned about the general travelling public?
    ETA Do you honestly believe that all of these massive nations came together with all of their military capabilities being exposed for the sake of the general travelling public?
    I haven't seen much exposure of military capabilities yet. And to answer an unquoted point I think the countires involved will already have a suspicion of indeed actual info on each others capabilities. (The Cold War has shown what happens when both sides are too secretive towards each other)
    I understand Sopretty's point, although I am not annoyed, personally, at the money spent.....

edit : may I add that the ganging up on one poster is not really conducive to an interesting discussion. There seems to be a good bit of that here.
    When you have multiple posters trying to get through to anther its not really gangin up but more like banging your head on a wall.
    So now its an "apparent seach effort".

As already stated quiet clearly by at least 2 other posters apart from myself is that this event has huge emotional impact on the families, it has a political impact on the Malay Govt, it has a financial & PR impact on Malaysian Ailrines and Boeing, and finally it has the possibility to impact worldwide aviation safety.

billie1b wrote: »
    Ok I skipped the last few pages due to horse dribble from a certain poster, did I miss any informative updates regarding MH370?

Nothing new unfortunately.

How do you know it was horse dribble if you skipped through the last few pages?

Maybe he can use his psychic ability to find the plane.

Maybe he can use his psychic ability to find the plane.

I suggest his superior intelligence should be sufficient!!! Leave that horse tosh away and stop being ridiculous! :cool:

• Advertisement

A summary of the last few pages.

Untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Because after reading 1 page of it I had had enough, so I skipped, judging by others comments, I made the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Because after reading 1 page of it I had had enough, so I skipped, judging by others comments, I made the right decision.

Oh yes, you certainly did! Must be a sign of your superior intelligence ;)

Wish I done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

To put this to rest sopretty, ask yourself one question - if this was an unmanned drone B777 that went missing, would we have such media attention, multiple nations putting their own national resources of normally otherwise looking for something to rescue/blow up navy & military forces, SAR to good use, and a month of continuous civil and uncivil, sensible and ridiculous debate.

No more extra money is being spent than would have been spent anyway, (apart from fuel and overtime perhaps) it's just categorised differently on the timesheets.

Secondly - in a way you put yourself in to an analogous situation to the Malaysian government by your statement. Teetering the line between devoid of sentiment and concern for real lives.

Without knowing any reason why, of course it ultimately boils down to 239 lives.

wil wrote: »
    it ultimately boils down to 239 lives.

If you genuinely believe that, then........... well.......... I em....... won't say what I'm thinking.

If you genuinely believe that, then........... well.......... I em....... won't say what I'm thinking.

Ok in one sentence what do you think it's boiling down to?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Ok in one sentence what do you think it's boiling down to?

The passengers being used as an excuse for something more sinister. But you all buy that. It's harsh of me to suggest that the world's largest military forces being suddenly employed in a unified manner to find these 239 people is somewhat unbelievable. My a**e.

Delude yourselves that it's a global search for the black box if that's what reinforces the importance of your industry to you all. Aviation errors are so so important that multimillions, nay billions, are put into searching for a black box.

Then, take off the blinkers and the ear muffs and smell the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I was reading an interesting discussion where someone mentioned something that hasn't been brought up yet here, and that I think might have some relevance.

Were the plane to have made it intact onto the water, and then sank in state, the pressure as it reached lower than 700 ft would have flattened it like a pancake, to use the words of the poster on this other site.

I can't seem to quote from there, but the person says

It's on there http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6049689

So there is still a chance that debris would have escaped, in the unlikely event the plane did hit the water intact.

I have mentioned it here a couple of times on the probability of the plane having been put down on the water relatively in one piece and been deliberately sunk.
    If this did happen the plane may remain fairly intact depending on how quickly it filled with water and how quickly the pressures outside and inside equalised.

• Advertisement

The passengers being used as an excuse for something more sinister.

A break from the thread would do you the world of good. You do remember AF447? They searched for two years. A hop over to the conspiracy corner might render you a few of those interested. Select countries are involved because of their expertise, and a question for you for a change - All these pulled resources werent from ''active duty'' but from ''active patrols'' - They're actually now participating in ''active duty''.

Advertisement