Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Jack1985 wrote: »
    A break from the thread would do you the world of good. You do remember AF447? They searched for two years. A hop over to the conspiracy corner might render you a few of those interested.

Who died and made you my therapist? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Who died and made you my therapist?

Someone has to come forward if I'm honest.

Anddddddddddd now back to MH370.

Yes, so, now back to MH370. Still nothing confirmed as coming from the black boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

sopretty wrote: »

Delude yourselves that it's a global search for the black box if that's what reinforces the importance of your industry to you all. Aviation errors are so so important that multimillions, nay billions, are put into searching for a black box.

care for some fish with those?

care for some fish with those?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I have mentioned it here a couple of times on the probability of the plane having been put down on the water relatively in one piece and been deliberately sunk.
    If this did happen the plane may remain fairly intact depending on how quickly it filled with water and how quickly the pressures outside and inside equalised.

I understand what you're saying, and on similar remarks the poster on that thread replies that yes, it would depend on how quickly it filled with water, and supposing that for it to fill quickly enough to avoid a good amount of air being trapped inside, it would have to have a "top opening" fracture (or be broken up).
    This person seems to have studied/worked on submarines engineering or something, and is referencing the loss of some famous submarine which imploded in the manner he/she describes.

Found it again, the submarine referenced is Thresher, which had a leak, which filled the sub with water fast, but not fast enough to prevent implosion.
    , the "sink rate" of the airframe as it filled with water would be faster than the rate at which the water came in until such time as the hull collapsed.
    It's reply 43 on the page quoted above.

edit : I wonder if the doors were open if that would flush the air out fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

?

With your chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

recap

Day 33, MH370 is still missing.

I have mentioned it here a couple of times on the probability of the plane having been put down on the water relatively in one piece and been deliberately sunk.
    If this did happen the plane may remain fairly intact depending on how quickly it filled with water and how quickly the pressures outside and inside equalised.

What are you suggesting? That the plane was artfully landed on the ocean and then deliberately sunk by the same dudes who landed it on the ocean? Is there a team of pixie heads on board the plane at the time of this landing and miraculous sinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

wil wrote: »
    recap

Crazy, and we know just about as much as we knew on the first page of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Keep on track please, stop poking at each other, back-seat modding and bringing this thread even further into the muck then it already is and focus on the topic at hand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just thinking aloud here, can you report somebody for being an idiot?

You can report posts if you wish but being an idiot would be subjective, if the person hasnt broken any rules from the forum charter or Boards.ie general rules there isnt much we can do except sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What are you suggesting? That the plane was artfully landed on the ocean and then deliberately sunk by the same dudes who landed it on the ocean?....

Why not, almost anything is possible and it doesn't have to have an immediate explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Just thinking aloud here, can you report somebody for being an idiot?

Can block posts from users.....made the last few pages very confusing to read though.

Why not, almost anything is possible and it doesn't have to have an immediate explanation.

Landing on the Ocean would have been practically impossible because it was night and hence impossible to judge their height and flare and because there are usually huge swells and winds in that part of the world. Its nothing remotely like the Hudson river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

The passengers being used as an excuse for something more sinister. But you all buy that. It's harsh of me to suggest that the world's largest military forces being suddenly employed in a unified manner to find these 239 people is somewhat unbelievable. My a**e.

Delude yourselves that it's a global search for the black box if that's what reinforces the importance of your industry to you all. Aviation errors are so so important that multimillions, nay billions, are put into searching for a black box.

Then, take off the blinkers and the ear muffs and smell the coffee.

This industry is important to us all. Safety is our number one priority, but I wouldn't expect a convicted drunk driver like yourself to be too worried about safety.

So, why don't you do us all a favour and piss off back to wherever you came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

The passengers being used as an excuse for something more sinister. But you all buy that. It's harsh of me to suggest that the world's largest military forces being suddenly employed in a unified manner to find these 239 people is somewhat unbelievable. My a**e.

Then, take off the blinkers and the ear muffs and smell the coffee.

You are a sad excuse for a human, please just go away, I hope for humanity that you are 13 or something and still have time to grow up and not be a** the rest of your life.

cuterob wrote: »
    You are a sad excuse for a human, please just go away, I hope for humanity that you are 13 or something and still have time to grow up and not be a** the rest of your life.

Well said. Though expect to join me in a ban given the inconsistent standards of moderating on show here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

pclancy wrote: »
    Keep on track please, stop poking at each other, back-seat modding and bringing this thread even further into the muck then it already is and focus on the topic at hand

Given that you concede that is the case, can we please start a new thread whereby people with a genuine interest in the crash, the search and the investigation be discussed in an intelligent, constructive and non trolling manner please? I for one am interested in this topic and am keen to hear from posters with constructive aviation knowledge of which I have little (it is the aviation forum after all!) rather than having the thread monopolised on an entirely inflammatory and attention seeking basis by a select few. Can we just have a new, relevant and intelligent thread please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

^ what's going to stop that in a new thread though? I'd like to keep this thread, but some people need to learn to step away from the computer sometimes, and others need to learn to not feed trolls (whether they are intentional or not). There is already an update only thread.

No updates this morning only the ping picked up by Orion plane has been discounted as being from FDR/cvr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

pclancy wrote: »
    Landing on the Ocean would have been practically impossible because it was night and hence impossible to judge their height and flare and because there are usually huge swells and winds in that part of the world. Its nothing remotely like the Hudson river.

It wasn't night..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

cuterob wrote: »

Exactly. Who cares about money it is vital that we find out to cause to give those families closure and to prevent any future crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fits wrote: »
    I'd like to keep this thread, but some people need to learn to step away from the computer sometimes, and others need to learn to not feed trolls (whether they are intentional or not). There is already an update only thread

This is the best advice you will get. If you think someone is trolling then ignore them and they'll get bored and move on somewhere else. If they're really bothering you then stick them on ignore and you don't have to see their posts.

Lots of slack has been given in this thread but one thing that will not be tolerated is people attacking each other or being uncivil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rgramachandran

wil wrote: »
    recap

A russian newspaper quotes that MH 370 was taken to Afganistan and all passengers were safe
    Might be carrying some undisclosed very high value cargo which was the target

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

A russian newspaper quotes that MH 370 was taken to Afganistan and all passengers were safe
    Might be carrying some undisclosed very high value cargo which was the target

But the target for what or who? ISAF control the afghan airspace not the afghans. So is it the yanks who want the cargo or the Taliban?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭eagerv

I find interesting the three general headings the aircraft appears to have taken:

1. Beijing. (Peking) ICAO code PEK
    2. Penang. ICAO code PEN
    3. Perth. ICAO code PER

Not familiar with the Triple7 FMC, but is seems a coincidence that these airports are in alphabetical order and are all airports that MAS use regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

well.......... I em....... won't say what I'm thinking.

If only!

eagerv wrote: »
    I find interesting the three general headings the aircraft appears to have taken:

1. Beijing. (Peking) ICAO code PEK
    2. Penang. ICAO code PEN
    3. Perth. ICAO code PER

Not familiar with the Triple7 FMC, but is seems a coincidence that these airports are in alphabetical order and are all airports that MAS use regularly.
    Those are IATA codes. The ICAO ones are ZBAA, WMKP and YPPH.
    IATA codes are not used for navigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭eagerv

Those are IATA codes. The ICAO ones are ZBAA, WMKP and YPPH.
    IATA codes are not used for navigation.

Yes. You are right, getting them mixed up. Still find it a coincidence though..

Advertisement