Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Just wondering if anybody ever heard of the vile vortices? I just watched a video on YouTube were they got a mention so I read a bit more about them. Basically they've been blamed on the disappearances of dozens of ships and some aircraft. There is a map on Wikipedia with lat and long squares marked out on it an some of them are green to signify the vortices locations. Funnily enough, there's a green square that looks to be quite near the search area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

gumbo1 wrote: »
    There is a map on Wikipedia with lat and long squares marked out on it an some of them are green to signify the vortices locations. Funnily enough, there's a green square that looks to be quite near the search area!

Indeed, but it still wouldn't explain how and why the plane got down there in the 1st place.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Indeed, but it still wouldn't explain how and why the plane got down there in the 1st place.

I still reckon they pilots changed course to an island airport in the andaman straights or somewhere else close by but became overwhelmed by smoke or fumes and the ac carried on to its resting place.
    it'd be some coincidence if it did end up there all the same!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

MH370: Australian firm says it may have found plane http://toi.in/6ZriBZ @timesofindia

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That's a very big claim to be making. At this stage we need something to go on.

However 5K away from search area is huge. Thats 10 hours flying. And would contradict the whole 'southern corridor' theory.
    No proper details apart from "Bay of Bengal". So still no facts, false leades and speculation.

I must be too old...as I don't know what FYP means...."for your...."

Edit Pt 2: Jaysus, I'm slow. I meant 5K km.....silly way to write it on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Tenger wrote: »
    That's a very big claim to be making. At this stage we need something to go on.

However 5,000 Km away from search area is huge. And would contradict the whole 'southern corridor' theory.

fyp:)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

tharmor wrote: »
    MH370: Australian firm says it may have found plane http://toi.in/6ZriBZ @timesofindia

More than likely they detected the Agni missile from a test launch on April 11...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/agni-i-missile-test-fired-successfully/article1-1207221.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Inmarsat stock trading down 10% initially, on that news.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Inmarsat stock trading down 10% initially, on that news.

Stock bouncing hard now, mkt may smell bs?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Tenger wrote: »
    I don't know what FYP means

fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

tharmor wrote: »

Its only showing up on a few Asian news sites, but nothing on any of the bigger news feeds yet.
    At this stage nothing to get excited about until there are verified photographs or news-reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

It's on canadian news now and australian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Bill G wrote: »
    More than likely they detected the Agni missile from a test launch on April 11...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/agni-i-missile-test-fired-successfully/article1-1207221.aspx
    They say the item appeared between '5th and 10th of March 2014'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2615901/Has-MH370-Australian-company-detects-wreckage-commercial-airliner-Bay-Bengal-thousands-miles-current-search-area.html#ixzz30JRTNfR4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

MH370 was last seen by radar over the Andaman area. It was travelling N or NW. It could have gone N or S or W (as it had just come from E). Why would they assume it turned 180 degrees and headed S? I would think the Bay of Bengal is a more likely place to look. Apart from anything, it would be easier to eliminate.

They say the item appeared between '5th and 10th of March 2014'

I think their "methods" have now pretty much been debunked. Looks like just another company trying to cash in on some free publicity. Very sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TrickyMickey1

Don't think it's even in the Indian ocean, could be in the side of a mountain in Kazakhstan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Its very suspicious really..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Bill G wrote: »
    I think their "methods" have now pretty much been debunked. Looks like just another company trying to cash in on some free publicity. Very sad really.

I don't really see debunking there, just people who think they are chancers without proving clearly why.
    None of their findings are clear and definite, their internet search on the website is not really conclusive either. They "think" the website is not great, and only recent, but they can't even prove that either.

It' s not really debunking, it's just being suspicious.

Of course it could be a publicity stunt sort of hoax, but it's worth checking the spot they mark anyway.

edit : but I'm aware that that speculation does not fit the range of the only acceptable speculation here, so I won't post any more about it here. I just spotted a factual bit that was incorrect and couldn't let it go.

The truth will come eventually anyway whether it be 10 or 50 years.

I don't really see debunking there

Anyone who claims they can remotely detect fuel sitting in an aluminium tank under a 1000 meters of water is spouting complete bunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

According to an edition of the tongue in cheek Sunday Sport (1988) it allegedly took forty four years to find this missing WWII bomber.

http://davidgold.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/GROWING-BUSINESS_P38a.jpg.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4224/wwibomberonmoon2.jpg

While I'm not suggesting that MH370 went to the moon, I do agree that it could be found anywhere within the boundaries of its flight range, I presume that they will dispatch an aircraft or ship to check out this latest lead re the 'slightly suspect' images from the bay of Bengal-India.

They might as well be looking for the plane in the Irish Sea IMO.

Big cover up here....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They might as well be looking for the plane in the Irish Sea IMO.

Big cover up here....

Poster banned for 1 week.

This may be a silly question or one that has already been askef/answered. Was it not stayed somewhere that if a FDR makes contact with water it sends an emergency signal that differs from the location pings to "home" or the manufacturers of said FDR? Sorry if this has already been covered, I missed a few pages mostly because of drivel!!

This may be a silly question or one that has already been askef/answered. Was it not stayed somewhere that if a FDR makes contact with water it sends an emergency signal that differs from the location pings to "home" or the manufacturers of said FDR? Sorry if this has already been covered, I missed a few pages mostly because of drivel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Is there a plausible most likely outcome on what exactly happened to MH370?
    I'd pay good money to know what exactly happened at this point.
    Admittedly knowing very little about the aviation industry, I find it very hard to believe that a modern plane like it can simply vanish with all the tech we have at our disposal these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

I'd pay good money to know what exactly happened at this point

Yeah I'd say you're not the only one somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You know I think film and television have a lot to answer for when it comes to peoples' expectations of technology in this type of situation. Technology; not magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

You know I think film and television have a lot to answer for when it comes to peoples' expectations of technology in this type of situation. Technology; not magic.

are you trying to tell me that all those hours I spent watching air crash investigation to brush up my knowledge on the subject have been wasted?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

are you trying to tell me that all those hours I spent watching air crash investigation to brush up my knowledge on the subject have been wasted?!?

eh.....

possibly they were incomplete training as such...

Advertisement