Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

funtime93 wrote: »
    They're all dead.Can we all just get over it already.
    Funtime indeed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

funtime93 wrote: »
    They're all dead.Can we all just get over it already.
    Funtime indeed

Funtime93's post was offensive, insensitive and pointless.

Regardless of your own belief's as regards the fate of the souls onboard, the incident as a whole is worthy of discussion and debate. The aviation industry demands answers to the mystery of MH370.
    In addition those crew and pax are people and deserve a modicum of respect. They are someone's father,mother,brother,sister,son, daughter... etc.

And Westernyelp just looks like a mindless follower.

Anymore along those lines will see the poster taking a short break from boards.ie

Tenger wrote: »
    Funtime93's post was offensive, insensitive and pointless.

Regardless of your own belief's as regards the fate of the souls onboard, the incident as a whole is worthy of discussion and debate. The aviation industry demands answers to the mystery of MH370.
    In addition those crew and pax are people and deserve a modicum of respect. They are someone's father,mother,brother,sister,son, daughter... etc.

And Westernyelp just looks like a mindless follower.

Anymore along those lines will see the poster taking a short break from boards.ie

In fact I was trying too highlight the insensitivity of 'Funtime' 93's post in relation to his/her screen name. but I guess Irony is lost on some people, less of the mindless follower please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

In fact I was trying too highlight the insensitivity of 'Funtime' 93's post in relation to his/her screen name. but I guess Irony is lost on some people, less of the mindless follower please

In future i'd suggest using one of these guys :rolleyes: or :p or maybe this guy :pac:. Words can be easily misconstrued,an appropriate smilie can add context to the tone of the words.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    In future i'd suggest using one of these guys :rolleyes: or :p or maybe this guy :pac:. Words can be easily misconstrued,an appropriate smilie can add context to the tone of the words.

Everyone likes a nice smile I suppose :D although mods not being so itchy with the trigger finger would be cool too. anyway, back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Everyone likes a nice smile I suppose :D although mods not being so itchy with the trigger finger would be cool too. anyway, back on topic

Do not back seat moderate nor question a mod on thread this is against the terms and conditions you signed up to.

If you have a problem pm the mod in question or report the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Being reporters on sky news now the Aussies are confident plane was flown on auto pilot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How could they possibly determine that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think it's pretty obvious at this stage that they really haven't a clue what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Is there any significance to the fact no debris has been found yet? I mean, if it ditched in the sea surely it would have broken up. Personally I think it's parked up somewhere. At the risk of being accused of mocking, no-one thought Suarez would bite another player. Anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭WildWater

pablo128 wrote: »
    Is there any significance to the fact no debris has been found yet? I mean, if it ditched in the sea surely it would have broken up. Personally I think it's parked up somewhere. At the risk of being accused of mocking, no-one thought Suarez would bite another player. Anything is possible.

Actually, some guy in Norway had bet that he would and won ~€2k. Just saying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This new search zone looks promising, this is the area that Immersat calculated the plane to be ... search starts in August and will take roughly a year to search the whole area

the_monkey wrote: »
    This new search zone looks promising, this is the area that Immersat calculated the plane to be ... search starts in August and will take roughly a year to search the whole area

So within roughly 18 months of the plane vanishing we should have some idea if it crashed there or not? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

nc6000 wrote: »
    So within roughly 18 months of the plane vanishing we should have some idea if it crashed there or not? :rolleyes:

Yeah, thats pretty much it.

Again, I dont think people appreciate the size, remoteness and depth of the indian ocean in general never mind the terribly unpredictable weather down there.

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah, thats pretty much it.

Again, I dont think people appreciate the size, remoteness and depth of the indian ocean in general never mind the terribly unpredictable weather down there.

I'd well believe it. I think on the Horizon documentary they said that this area was basically as far from anywhere as you can get.

the_monkey wrote: »
    ....... search starts in August and will take roughly a year to search the whole area

Now people might realise how massive the Southern Ocean actually is. It really looking for a needle in a haystack in a big field full of haystacks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

As has been mentioned though, by now some debris should really have reached some shore.

According to people on Pprune anyway, who by this forum's standard surely are credible since most are pilots, seem to believe it could not possibly have ditched intact.

According to people on Pprune anyway, who by this forum's standard surely are credible since most are pilots, seem to believe it could not possibly have ditched intact.

And Pprune is the place for such discussions,not here.

New rules!

From this post on,anyone posting conspiracy theories will get a weeks ban from A&A. There is a relevant forum for CT's,use it.

Anyone questioning this decision or any Mod decisions will be Infracted immediately.

This was an excellent thread with some great insight before it descended into the clusterfcuk it's become. Let's get it back on track.

Edit: Conspiracy theories include the aircraft being abducted by little green men,it being landed in some random unknown airfield or been taken out by US/Korean/Japanese or some other military power. For now the common consensus is that the aircraft has been lost at sea.

Aircraft & Aviation Mod Team.

Just a reminder of the Warning that still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

The thread title says it's for speculation, some people would like to speculate that there is a conspiracy involved in the ac disappearance, how's that gonna work?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

The thread title says it's for speculation, some people would like to speculate that there is a conspiracy involved in the ac disappearance, how's that gonna work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

As has been mentioned though, by now some debris should really have reached some shore.

And Pprune is the place for such discussions,not here.

So it is not permitted here to mention that the aircraft may not have ditched intact, and that debris should have washed ashore ? My reference to PPrune is simply as a credibility argument, ie, it is not just me (not a pilot) guessing that the plane should have left debris.

This is a pretty basic premise of discussion on the disappearance.
    This is speculation, not conspiracy theory.

Aircraft goes missing, presumably gone down in the Indian Ocean, there should be debris, unless controlled ditching which, according to a lot of knowledgeable people in this field, is highly unlikely.

Again this is not conspiracy theory. There should be debris washed up on shore somewhere by now, it has had months to follow currents, eddy around a bit, some may have sunk, and now some bit of seat, plastic, or other should be lying on a beach somewhere.
    Where is the debris ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Well if it washed up along the west coast of Australia which is not a particularly populated area there is absolutely no guarantee anyone would have found it unfortunately. Stretches of that coast probably don't get seen by humans from one end of the year to another particularly on the northern half of Western Australia

In other words, it's as likely to have washed up and not be found as not have washed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Calina wrote: »
    Well if it washed up along the west coast of Australia which is not a particularly populated area there is absolutely no guarantee anyone would have found it unfortunately. Stretches of that coast probably don't get seen by humans from one end of the year to another particularly on the northern half of Western Australia

In other words, it's as likely to have washed up and not be found as not have washed up.

Western Australia is the biggest state in Australia and has the longest coastline, patrolled by the RAN, local groups and helicopter patrols, its the most patrolled coast line in Australia due to illegal immigrants trying to enter along that particulat coast. If there was debris washed up, I reckon at least a helicopter would spot something as they fly low enough.

gumbo1 wrote: »

Then they can go to the Conspiracy Forum. The Mods took a line in the sand approach to this thread as it was getting out of control with random CT's been posted every 2 days. And no-one seemed to read back so the same Diego Garcia/hijack and land/ flying bomb CT's popped up every couple of days.

It may not be a perfect solution but it is the solution that has been imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Again this is not conspiracy theory. There should be debris washed up on shore somewhere by now, it has had months to follow currents, eddy around a bit, some may have sunk, and now some bit of seat, plastic, or other should be lying on a beach somewhere.
    Where is the debris ?

I posted about this before, but Ocean Gyres may explain why debris could possibly never reach shore. All the major Oceans have these gyres, basically a circular current which tends to pull debris towards the centre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_Gyre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_garbage_patch

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Where is the debris ?
    It may not have washed ashore.
    It washed ashore in a remote location.
    It is small/random detritus and is not recognised for what it is.

In any case you cannot use the lack of debris to extrapolate that the plane did not go down in the sea. A lack of proof is not proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Duiske wrote: »
    I posted about this before, but Ocean Gyres may explain why debris could possibly never reach shore. All the major Oceans have these gyres, basically a circular current which tends to pull debris towards the centre.

Wouldn't that make it a little bit easier then to find debris? Find the Indian ocean garbage patch and see what's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Duiske wrote: »

Exactly. Not everything gets washed up on a beach that people frequent. For numerous reasons.
    It seems to me that as with the lack of appreciation for the size of the ocean down there there is a less than normal appreciation of the fact that not all the coastling can be monitored.

Advertisement