Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Kavs8 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd say this, the lack of Information from Malaysian officials is really not good enough. I'll use the Cork crash as an example;

Just 1hr after the crash the IAA reported the time it crashed, all those onboard and the previous landing attempts etc. Whether as here although a very different situation we still have no confirmed time of crash, If I'm honest the only party giving good information is Malaysia Airlines themselves (twitter.com/MAS). It would be great if we had a poster here familiar with Malaysian culture and politics.

I think you are losing the plot a small bit. The plane in Cork crashed on the runway in front of the tower, there was probably a big bang that a lot of people saw, they knew straight away it had crashed and what time it happened.

This plane has presumably smashed into the big blue sea somewhere, they know when it disappeared off radar (gives a pretty close time estimate) why do you think they should be giving you confirmed crash times if they don't actually know when or where it crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Now can we leave it at that are does anybody else have an issue with me?

Based on following this thread since yesterday, I do (but it's not so much you, just the obsessive posting and stabs in the dark for something we will not understand till, like AF447, weeks or months have passed). We can have that chat over PM another day if you like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Kavs8

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Airline specific info will be in OMA and OMB not fcoms!

No point getting smart mate!

I'm not getting smart, you do realize airlines have there own fcoms? there are universal ones also supplied by the manufacturer. And I realize he may be a pilot he may work for an airline with a different fcom then the one I have access too and that's fine.

relaxed wrote: »
    I think you are losing the plot a small bit. The plane in Cork crashed on the runway in front of the tower, there was probably a big bang that a lot of people saw, they knew straight away it had crashed and what time it happened.

This plane has presumably smashed into the big blue sea somewhere, they know when it disappeared off radar (gives a pretty close time estimate) why do you think they should be giving you confirmed crash times if they don't actually know when or where it crashed?

And I said that, my point is the IAA clarified when it crashed using time from radar - As has been pointed out they are totally different situations - I am just saying we have no clarity at this point to the time MH370 disappeared from radar. I'll now refrain from using that as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I'm not getting smart, you do realize airlines have there own fcoms? there are universal ones also supplied by the manufacturer. And I realize he may be a pilot he may work for an airline with a different fcom then the one I have access too and that's fine.

I'm well aware of that but you mentioned fcoms. As I said airline specific operations are in different manuals. As you know too, these are available in the ships library on the flight deck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Mods could we start a new thread and leave this one to Kavs8 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Next work related post or post not related to the topic of this thread gets a month off.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    I'm well aware of that but you mentioned fcoms. As I said airline specific operations are in different manuals. As you know too, these are available in the ships library on the flight deck.

Precisely, I'm referring to airline specific sorry I'f I confused the two. Now I can understand why people are seeing me as obsessive, I've just posted nearly 10 posts defending myself. I'll now stop posting on this thread, as its obvious I'll be continued to be scrutinised for no apparent reason.

And I said that, my point is the IAA clarified when it crashed using time from radar - As has been pointed out they are totally different situations - I am just saying we have no clarity at this point to the time MH370 disappeared from radar. I'll now refrain from using that as an example.

You said the lack of information from the Malaysian officials is not good enough. If they don't know the time of crash then they can't tell you, why is that not good enough?

I am sure they have more important things to be doing right now than getting a confirmed time to a guy in Ireland just because when a plane crashed on a runway over here it was available to hand.

If they don't know the time of crash then they can't tell you

And how is that possible when they have recorded radar data as nearly every state does. That would tell them the time MH370 exactly went off radar.

• Advertisement

Bans coming read last warning giving above. Any other airline being discussed you get a ban.

Off topic you get a ban.

And how is that possible when they have recorded radar data as nearly every state does. That would tell them the time MH370 exactly went off radar.

Maybe the recorder wasn't working?

Maybe they are one of the states that doesn't have a recorder?

Maybe it crashed in Vietnams airspace and their recorder is broken or they don't have one?

Or maybe they know the time but don't want to share it with you because there is an active investigation and the families are their first priority.

My point remains the same - why is it not good enough that Malaysian officials aren't sharing the exact crash time with you?

relaxed wrote: »
    Maybe the recorder wasn't working?

Maybe they are one of the states that doesn't have a recorder?

Maybe it crashed in Vietnams airspace and their recorder is broken or they don't have one?

Or maybe they know the time but don't want to share it with you because there is an active investigation and the families are their first priority.

My point remains the same - why is it not good enough that Malaysian officials aren't sharing the exact crash time with you?

I accept you're point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have found this thread fascinating even with quite the lack of understanding of aviation, so I hope it does not get closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Looks like someones closed their account in a huff..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

sully2010 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

sully2010 wrote: »

Thank god, I was starting to get embarressed for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

:eek:Now who's going to keep us up to date? The guy with the Mirror updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'm a Daily Star reader if it's of any use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

That was all very odd...

Anyway, first light should be interesting. I don't know if this is a normal situation when a plane goes down but it sure seems like a very unusual scenario.

I've flown MAS heaps, and around SE Asia loads, so I'm interested to see what the craic is here. Obv RIP to all the poor souls that perished.

• Advertisement

andy_g wrote: »
    Bans coming read last warning giving above. Any other airline being discussed you get a ban.

Off topic you get a ban.

I guess people just dont want to follow rules tonight.

5 Warnings issued and im sure there will be bans during the night, you were all warned several times this evening and failed to take heed to them.

Ban hammer is at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Thrill wrote: »
    Two China warships rushing to suspected site of missing MH370 plane, one expected to arrive in hours

Did anything come of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Was just going to say the discussion over on PPRuNe was a joke but nevermind, just wondering why they don't put camera's in the flight deck? I think along with the black-boxes it would be really beneficial.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Was just going to say the discussion over on PPRuNe was a joke but nevermind, just wondering why they don't put camera's in the flight deck? I think along with the black-boxes it would be really beneficial.

Money money money..some shareholder wants to buy their daughter a pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

fr336 wrote: »
    Money money money..some shareholder wants to buy their daughter a pony.

I should have known, ridiculous what money means to some people these days. :(

Jack1985 wrote: »
    I should have known, ridiculous what money means to some people these days. :(

To be fair, aviation is one of the most safety concious industries in the world (for obvious reasons). But yes everything comes down to money in general terms. Though I suppose cameras in every plane would be a luxury ahead of other additions that also cost money. The benefits probably wouldn't justify the costs either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

http://www.ntsb.gov/safety/mwl-7.html

The NTSB did talk about it a bit and I think I read last year about an Asian authority considering it too, I think it was DGCA of India.

But it was largely met with criticism from pilots.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

fits wrote: »
    Why? Failure is an engineering term and perfectly valid.

Yes failure is an engineering term but the event that occurred on MH370 may not be related to a natural failure mechanically or structurally

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

fits wrote: »
    Why? Failure is an engineering term and perfectly valid.

Yes failure is an engineering term but the event that occurred on MH370 may not be related to a natural failure mechanically or structurally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

terrible situation :(

Out of interest, if the plane took a dive and descended in less than a minute etc - would the passengers pass out , due to oxygen/cabin pressure loss? apologies if this is a stupid question!

Advertisement