Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Well ships have been deployed to the area where that debris was reported to be found. Hopefully this will be the end to the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

summary -

oil slick - not from an aircraft.

debris - no confirmation yet on latest sightings, ships on their way.

area of search expanded to south china sea.

Their search field is massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Not Asian looking males with stolen passports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Confirmed that the people with the stolen passports are not Asian looking.

Looks like Balotelli... HOLY ****

The real Italian does not look Asian or like Balotelli

Basically he's just said the two people with stolen passports look like Balotelli... Ha.

Who is the Italian he's referring to? Barotelli? Something like that? Is he a footballer or something?

Who is this Balotelli lol.

• Advertisement

Yeh a fairly famous footballer. Was with Man City. Bit of a psycho.

I also like how you went all Asian on his name 'Barotelli'..

He's a black guy?

what a strange thing to say...im sure this will upset a few people.

fake passports are huge in certain parts of the world, i know somebody who has one and ive seen somebody try to sell an irish one he found for €1000

what a strange thing to say...im sure this will upset a few people.

fake passports are huge in certain parts of the world, i know somebody who has one and ive seen somebody try to sell an irish one he found for €1000

One reporter asked him whether he was saying that the two men were African or of African origin, and he seemed to allude that only one was African and he didn't comment further? Strange alright. Certainly not used to the media over here I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Good question. Sky just have him down as a 'Malaysian Official'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

In Fairness lads if ye dont know who Mario Balotelli is ye have been living under a rock!

PLus he scored the equaliser against Ireland back in 2009/2010 or something in croke park.

balotelli1_custom-1219aa48496592311dd95ca20deaa338cca2e69d-s6-c30.jpg

Lol, I never ever ever watch football. I just tune out completely when the sports news comes on. I'm not a lad though. I'm a girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

They really have not an idea of where it is. The fact they are looking in the Adaman sea gives credence that the plane turned around and changed course. The plane had enough fuel for 6 hours of flying after last radar contact. They dont seem to be ruling out anything at this stage but why are they searching in the Adamans sea if no ACARS data was received after last radar contact.

Apparently he's the head of the CAA (whatever the CAA is!)

Journalists make me sick sometimes. How many times did he have to mention a passport syndicate and that he would not give more information?

Azharuddin Abdul Rahman is the guy in charge, the guy in the blue shirt is Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Yahyain. The guys in military uniform I have no clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A captain was just interviewed on sky TV and she agreed with the catastrophic theory but put forward the possibility of a cockpit fire occuring because of electrical short cut. She also said the transponder could have been turned off in the cockpit or could have failed due to complete electrical failure. And that primary radar in area was poor.
    It is could be possible that an electrical failure occured and the plane drifted/flew for a period. If the pilots lost ability to communicate they could have turned the plane in an attempt to return. I believe there is a very basic system on planes that allow a very limited power due to a descended wind wane. This could give them a very basic amount of working instrumentation to fly the plane.
    This may explain why the crew turned back but the lack of communication. There was a similar incident to this some time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

They dont seem to be ruling out anything at this stage but why are they searching in the Adamans sea if no ACARS data was received after last radar contact.

I believe he said it was based on a theory.

A captain was just interviewed on sky TV and she agreed with the catastrophic theory but put forward the possibility of a cockpit fire occuring because of electrical short cut. She also said the transponder could have been turned off in the cockpit or could have failed due to complete electrical failure. And that primary radar in area was poor.
    It is could be possible that an electrical failure occured and the plane drifted/flew for a period. If the pilots lost ability to communicate they could have turned the plane in an attempt to return. I believe there is a very basic system on planes that allow a very limited power due to a descended wind wane. This could give them a very basic amount of working instrumentation to fly the plane.
    This may explain why the crew turned back but the lack of communication. There was a similar incident to this some time back.

the Air France incident?

in that case, the plane despite suffering multiple issues, was at least sending signals to the command center, as was the Quantus A380 that almost went down in that area, 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

They dont seem to be ruling out anything at this stage but why are they searching in the Adamans sea if no ACARS data was received after last radar contact.

For the third time now, you keep alluding to the ACARS data as if it carries location/position data, for the third time it does not.

This happened in 30 seconds on an EgyptAir Boeing 777-200 flight on the ground in Cairo in 2011; luckily all passengers and crew escaped via the shutes in time. The cause was not found, but the fire was fueled through ruptured oxygen cylinders in the flight deck. The damage was extensive. If that happened at 35,000ft on MH370 ~ Almost certain catastrophic failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

the Air France incident?

in that case, the plane despite suffering multiple issues, was at least sending signals to the command center, as was the Quantus A380 that almost went down in that area, 4 years ago.

What was this?!

• Advertisement

We use GPS trackers that use satellite communications to track vehicles in the Australian outback where we have no mobile signal.
    I always wondered why airlines dont put something like this on their planes. We can set the trackers on our vehicles to send back a signal every second if we want.

Advertisement