Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

Yes but they were sitting together so it is a viable theory.

What I read from it all was that it was two guys trying to get into the EU, this happens all the time, I just presumed the Iranian man is the guy that they are paying to set them up with a new life.

It's either that or these guys are on the no fly list and some how got on with a big bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

robbieVan wrote: »
    What I read from it all was that it was two guys trying to get into the EU, this happens all the time, I just presumed the Iranian man is the guy that they are paying to set them up with a new life.

It's either that or these guys are on the no fly list and some how got on with a big bomb

They were African apparently, why would they go on a around the world trip to get to the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Only heard about this this morning and caught up with the thread here. I was on a Malaysian Airline's flight from Kuala Lumpur to London a few days before this incident. I got some scare when I read the BBC article this morning. Can only pretend to understand what those families are going through at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

They were African apparently, why would they go on a around the world trip to get to the EU?

'apparently' is the word .. no one really knows for sure where they were from.. but what could they have done on board to bring down the plane?, a bomb is the only explanation and i'm pretty sure they check for those in the airport, and if it turns out they somehow got a bomb on board then airport security is gonna be turned on its head

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Here is the search zone:

BiXhKYFCAAI19bJ.png

The search area has been widened further to include part of the strait of Malacca and a larger section of the South China Sea. China has dispatched more ships to the area, and sent officials to Kuala Lumpur. It is also deploying its space satellites to help the search. - http://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2014/mar/10/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-search-continues-live-updates

They have no idea where the plane is.

Strange. Why Malacca?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Missing MH370: Kelantan duo report seeing lights 'falling' at high speed
    Azid Ibrahim, 66, said the aircraft was heading towards international waters.
    According to him, the plane was flying so low that he could see the lights “as big as coconuts”.

Businessman Alif Fathi Abdul Hadi, 29, said he was in the compound of his home when he saw the aircraft flying low, heading for Bachok and descending fast.
    He said he only found out about the missing jetplane the next day.

More details in the link.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/11/Kelantan-duo-report-seeing-lights-falling-at-high-speed/

Despite one guy saying he told the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency office in Tok Bali late Sunday evening, they haven't mentioned it. The story is unconfirmed.

mbur wrote: »
    Strange. Why Malacca?

Yeah it's weird

wOXpIuN.gif

It would have been in range of a number of primary & secondary radar stations if it turned back to the Malacca Strait.

BiY37UpCIAAJhQ4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Looks like the two fake passport holders have been ruled out.

From the Mirror.........

"The two passengers travelling on stolen passports on missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are reportedly Iranian nationals.

An Iranian friend of one of the men told BBC Persia he hosted the pair in Kuala Lumpur after they arrived from Tehran in the days preceding their flight to Beijing.

The source, who claimed he knew one of the men from his school days in Iran, said the duo had bought the fake passports because they wanted to migrate to Europe.

They were travelling on passports belonging to Christian Kozel, an 30-year-old Austrian, and Luigi Maraldi, a 37-year-old Italian.

They had bought the passports in Kuala Lumpur as well as tickets to Amsterdam, via Beijing.

............."

"The man told BBC Persia that one of the Iranians was heading for Frankfurt, Germany, where his mother lives, while the other wanted to travel to Denmark.

BBC Persia's UN correspondent Bahman Kalbasi told The Telegraph that the two Iranians were "looking for a place to settle".

The revelation comes after it emerged a mystery Iranian called 'Mr Ali' bought tickets for the pair.

The US FBI are now trying to track him down.

........"

US officials say still early but more & more signs loss of MH370 NOT terror-related, fits pattern of human trafficking

Thrill wrote: »
    US officials say still early but more & more signs loss of MH370 NOT terror-related, fits pattern of human trafficking

Disappearing a commercial airliner and making headlines worldwide fits a pattern of human trafficking? It's not how I'd smuggle people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

So that they could get a legitimate stamp on they're passport before they enter the EU. Also the fact that they got through in the first place might suggest its a known people smuggling route with either weak/bribed security officers.

There is no way it was a bomb or a hijacking. A group would have claimed responsibility almost straight away. The eyes of the whole world are watching now, its optimal prime time to claim they did it.

I'd say something went wrong, the pilot crash landed successfully on the sea. The plane filled with water and sank quickly, hence no debris. Survivors drowned or eaten? Any mid air explosion would drop a huge amount of debris.

Either that or its a UFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

dees99 wrote: »
    So that they could get a legitimate stamp on they're passport before they enter the EU. Also the fact that they got through in the first place might suggest its a known people smuggling route with either weak/bribed security officers.

There is no way it was a bomb or a hijacking. A group would have claimed responsibility almost straight away. The eyes of the whole world are watching now, its optimal prime time to claim they did it.

I'd say something went wrong, the pilot crash landed successfully on the sea. The plane filled with water and sank quickly, hence no debris. Survivors drowned or eaten? Any mid air explosion would drop a huge amount of debris.

Either that or its a UFO!

Crash landed successfully? In the middle of the night on a large body of water? Possible yes...but highly unlikely I say.

Hopefully some answers will emerge today. Can't even begin to imagine the feelings the families concerned are going through.

Disappearing a commercial airliner and making headlines worldwide fits a pattern of human trafficking? It's not how I'd smuggle people.

The two stolen passport holders are the ones being trafficked.

Crash landed successfully? In the middle kd

In the middle kd? What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

In the middle kd? What does that mean?

post edited above. Typing on phone and hit send by accident. I'll stick to laptop from now on.

A lot of questions remain to be answered.

Very little focus so far has centred on the flight crew and their possible actions. There were only 2 of them in the flight deck. Some commenters online are speculating on a suicide mission. It will be interesting if relations between the flight crew and their employer were strained or with family members.

There are also questions over whether there was an ACARS system on the plane. That would give credence to why they are searching in other areas, especially in the Strait of Malacca, which is on the far side of the Malaysian peninsula where the plane took off from.

Also reports coming in of fishermen seeing a plane flying low at around time of disappearance.

The two stolen passport holders are the ones being trafficked.

That's not what your post says though.

Crash landed successfully? In the middle of the night on a large body of water? Possible yes...but highly unlikely I say.

Hopefully some answers will emerge today. Can't even begin to imagine the feelings the families concerned are going through.

It would explain why no trace of the plane was found though, if it was a hard impact it would have smashed in pieces.

Am I correct in saying that there was no radar that night? Since they have now widened the search to a whole new area. Does this mean they can't confirm the location of the plane that night? Would radar not have picked it up if it turned back? Why the jump from one area to the other?

Malaysia is becoming increasingly religious and the use of the word 'Allah' by non believers was banned recently. One province now wants to implement Shari law. Is there a chance one of the pilots decided to do something for his suffering Muslim brothers in the north west of china?

• Advertisement

Malaysia is becoming increasingly religious and the use of the word 'Allah' by non believers was banned recently. One province now wants to implement Shari law. Is there a chance one of the pilots decided to do something for his suffering Muslim brothers in the north west of china?

Going by his Youtube page, the Captain was an atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Did the crash happen in daylight?

A lot of questions remain to be answered.

Very little focus so far has centred on the flight crew and their possible actions.

The only thing I've read about the pilots was this story about the captain.
    The pilot of a Malaysia Airlines jet that went missing on Saturday enjoyed flying the Boeing 777 so much that he spent his off days tinkering with a flight simulator of the plane that he had set up at home, current and former co-workers said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/pilot-missing-flight-tech-geek-had-777-simulator-home-n48241

mickdw wrote: »
    Did the crash happen in daylight?

No at night time. Flight departed at 00.40 local time.

Given that there were only 2 of them in the flight deck it raises questions over whether one of them would have left the flight deck to sleep or rest for a period, thus leaving one of them on their own in cockpit.

It is just another angle to this mystery.

Malaysian authorities have postponed news conferences indefinitely - cnbc

Search for MH370 has expanded to 500,000 square nautical miles, from the shores of Sumatra to Hong Kong

http://my.news.yahoo.com/leads-pan-search-mh370-stretches-sumatra-hong-kong-224448777.html

The only thing I've read about the pilots was this story about the captain.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/pilot-missing-flight-tech-geek-had-777-simulator-home-n48241

That is quite an interesting article. Why would the pilot have a simulator at home? It must not be a common thing. I would imagine he could try out a number of scenarios on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Why would the pilot have a simulator at home? It must not be a common thing. I would imagine he could try out a number of scenarios on it.

I agree. He probably used it to practice emergency scenarios etc. Unfortunately this real life scenario seems to have got the better of him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Possible that the air speed indicators were not working correctly and the plane stalled, then dived like a stuka, pilots failed to restart engines.

• Advertisement

That is quite an interesting article. Why would the pilot have a simulator at home? It must not be a common thing. I would imagine he could try out a number of scenarios on it.

It was just his hobby.

Advertisement