Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It looks like these 2 guys have been ruled out. Migrants trying to get into Europe. Appears to be a route a lot of them are using.
    They seem to have no definite evidence.
    They seem to be looking towards the crew or even other passengers and checking them to see if recent life insurance policies have been taken out.
    You would think primary radar would have picked up something if the plane had gone off its flight path and moved towards land. Whether the plane was flying low to avoid radar may be considered.
    Hard to believe that countries could allow a craft into their airspace without picking up something.
    It really seems to be baffling them unless we are not being told something. Very strange how the Americans were able to rule out an explosion flash so quickly. They must have pretty sophisticated defence technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

They'll investigate everything.

You can be 100% sure that the passport photos were carefully changed. If they were older type passports this wouldn't be impossible. That's why they were phased out.

Sad that people have to go to such lengths to flee the country they were born in. Sounds like that guy was just looking for a better life. Very, very unlikely to be a terrorist in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I watched that documentary on the Air France 447 plane last night,
    fascinating but creeped me out .

I lay awake last night thinking about those few minutes of descent - must have been absolute hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Very strange how the Americans were able to rule out an explosion flash so quickly. They must have pretty sophisticated defence technology.

Not strange at all. The US have had systems in space to detect and track ICBM launches.

http://www.space.com/20275-missile-defense-satellite-launching-tuesday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Not strange at all. The US have had systems in space to detect and track ICBM launches.

http://www.space.com/20275-missile-defense-satellite-launching-tuesday.html

It must be a fairly robust system that it could pick up a flash of light from a plane explosion in such a vast sky.

I read that the Malaysian Airforce said they noted the plane had turned according to their radar. Would this be primary radar that would only extend a certain distance from their land mass.
    If that is the case it seems likely that the plane travelled a considerable distance from its last sighting on the secondary radar.
    Does the plane send any feedback automatically if the transponder is turned off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishmover wrote: »
    Act of terrorism is definitely starting to lose weight.

hmmm dunno, Interpol press conference due in a few minutes. 19 year old under investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

does anybody think a UFO could be involved in this?? Look at the amount of cases in the Bermuda triangle that were never explained and no wreckage ever found and the most disturbing case of all...Valentich disappearance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

his last words..... "it is hovering and it's not an aircraft"

"Malaysia Airlines live: search chief says 'there are some things I can't tell you'"

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

At this point, I'm beginning to suspect aliens. It sounds as plausible as a plane just.. vanishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

bangkok wrote: »
    does anybody think a UFO could be involved in this?? Look at the amount of cases in the Bermuda triangle that were never explained and no wreckage ever found and the most disturbing case of all...Valentich disappearance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

his last words..... "it is hovering and it's not an aircraft"

Not unless by UFO you mean a missile or drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Why would the pilot have a simulator at home? It must not be a common thing. I would imagine he could try out a number of scenarios on it.

Tigerandahalf what kind of a statement at all is that? Every single pilot I know uses Flight Simulator because they have a passion for flight, and on their days off are even flying simulated routes (not all the time, they have lives - great ones) - The only place they ''try out scenarios'' is in the airline simulator which they can do up to twice a year although the norm is once a year when they are also checked by the Chief Pilot.

Before I signed off yesterday a poster on here said if they wanted to read stories from the mirror they'd read the mirror, I agree. The stories on here now since I left are a direct correlation from the mirror. It was a great discussion yesterday up until that point.

Tiger did you read the article I asked you to yesterday? That would answer nearly all your questions.

• Advertisement

Interpol -

"we have information to share that has not been public until now. "

Interpol has said two of the passengers were Iranian and had there own passports (which were not stolen/had any flags) - But they used Stolen passports. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Interpol has said two of the passengers were Iranian and had there own passports (which were not stolen/had any flags) - But they used Stolen passports. :confused:

Their goal was allegedly to emigrate to Europe, hence the stolen passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

They flew from Iran to KL February 28th. I'm guessing they could get into Malaysia on their own passports but not Germany, so might have used the stolen passports to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If you wanted to get into the EU illegally, I would imagine you would need to use a stolen EU passport rather than a legit Iranian one?

looks like Interpol are only pushing their agenda on using their database to screen passports and this actually has nothing to do with the plane itself.

for some reason tho, they seem to be really highlighting these two lads...he mentions them not being terrorists, but they are giving the impression that they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

So has the terrorism hypothesis been dismissed now?

References to the region being a "crime hub" may perhaps prompt another angle: unapproved aircraft parts.

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/counterfeits615121.html
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/29/AR2008022903544.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo130KB4B8k

Inquitus wrote: »
    If you wanted to get into the EU illegally, I would imagine you would need to use a stolen EU passport rather than a legit Iranian one?

Yes, but German Authorities said they were going to seek asylum anyway as if they were expected and I doubt they were expected on stolen passports (European ones)?? Terrorism is definitely nearly out at this stage until we have the wreckage and no bomb material is found. To me now its a catastrophic mechanical incident which as taken place.
    looks like Interpol are only pushing their agenda on using their database to screen passports and this actually has nothing to do with the plane itself.

Why wouldn't they, the media are a f**king joke - Since they get the whiff the story might be a non-runner anymore they ditch it when they should continue to highlight passengers with stolen passports shouldn't be getting past immigration in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Not unless by UFO you mean a missile or drone.

missile drone would be picked up by radar and so would an explosion...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bangkok wrote: »
    missile drone would be picked up by radar and so would an explosion...

So would a UFO then surely?

• Advertisement

Anyone see the tip off from a former US spy to the Telegraph about responsibility of Pan Am 103 being more then likely to do with Iranians then Libyans, makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So would a UFO then surely?

Not if it was Alien technology :eek:

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens.jpg

:rolleyes:

Anyone see the tip off from a former US spy to the Telegraph about responsibility of Pan Am 103 being more then likely to do with Iranians then Libyans, makes you wonder.

Makes me wonder what the point of posting that is?

akes me wonder what the point of posting that is?

It was revealed today?? sorry if that's not a good enough post for you Growler!!! :)

Sorry lads but aliens like are we really going to take that route of speculation seriously?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10688067/Lockerbie-bombing-was-work-of-Iran-not-Libya-says-former-spy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Just saw this on reddit.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03/crowdsourcing-the-search-for-malaysia-flight-370/

A company in Colorado are releasing satellite images for members of the public to trawl through.

I'm sure someone like NSA or CIA could have done this already by using image segmentation to automate the trawl through tons of satellite images?

Just saw this on reddit.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03/crowdsourcing-the-search-for-malaysia-flight-370/

A company in Colorado are releasing satellite images for members of the public to trawl through.

I'm sure someone like NSA or CIA could have done this already by using image segmentation to automate the trawl through tons of satellite images?

Any idea where to go to look at the sat images? probably one of the better things you could do on your day off!

It was revealed today?? sorry if that's not a good enough post for you Growler!!! :)

In a thread with so much speculation it adds nothing. In what way is it linked the missing aircraft being discussed here?

• Advertisement

In a thread with so much speculation it adds nothing. In what way is it linked the missing aircraft being discussed here?

Well are in you in a position to rule out terrorism? Or to clarify the motives of Iranian passengers on that flight? That is the reason. I don't think it is terrorism at this juncture, but I notice you are poster also, so is it illegal for me to post now the forum without consulting yourself?

Advertisement