Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

IDK inviting teenage girls into a cockpit during takeoff and landing, flirting with them mid flight, smoking, messaging them on their facebook page, asking them to hookup demonstrates a lack of professionalism don't you think??

Lack of professionalism on the captains part, yes. I'm sure the F/O was in an awkward situation.

But once again may I point out. This was not the same captain! The flight deck dynamic would have been completely different. There is no room in the Asian airline culture for juniors to speak up. There isn't even a reporting culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Colser wrote: »
    I was referring to the amount of posts on this thread from amateurs Keith..Im well aware that our input isnt affecting the massive international search mission.
    As regards expecting anyone to have answers I most certainly dont expect that and I also wasnt aware that it has been confirmed that the plane was definitely in the ocean as it has been queried/mentioned that they may have made land somehow/somewhere....my apologies if that was how my post came across....

Sorry Colser. my bad, completely misread that. Like I do with my Russian newspaper. I don't know why I still keep buying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

IDK inviting teenage girls into a cockpit during takeoff and landing, flirting with them mid flight, smoking, messaging them on their facebook page, asking them to hookup demonstrates a lack of professionalism don't you think??

Wrong pilot. F/o would not have been the one doing the inviting etc.
    Is smoking not allowed in the cockpit of Malaysia flights? I'm not sure it's not. the rules may not be the same as for the passengers.
    Messaging them on facebook? What's wrong with that - unless they were doing that mid flight too?
    None of it has anything to do with the current flight. It's just dirt digging.

And this line from one of them
    “When I saw all his friends and family, all my heart really broke for them and my heart broke for the family of the passengers. It’s just a really sad story.”
    I sincerely doubt it since you just dumped the name of their son / brother / etc in the **** infront of the worlds media.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

It was mid air

873220-9a5f3456-a8f7-11e3-9a89-1de6a43f024e.jpg

That photo looks as if it were taken in a flight simulator, the tone of blue outside the cockpit window is very similar to that of the graphics in flight simulators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

sopretty wrote: »
    Ok, latest dude on Sky (aviation expert of some description), saying that in his experience 'when it all quits at once, it's electrical'.

The plane would have electrical power from the engines, the apu and the ram turbine. All 3 would have to fail for the aircraft to experience a blackout.

An onboard fire could destroy the electrics similar to Swissair Flight 111 or the airplane could have had a major mechanical. Perhaps the 2012 runway collision caused a stress fracture that only caused sudden failure now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

debris will be washed up on shore somewhere in a couple of weeks, thats how they will find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'm still inclined towards the loss of consciousness - carbon monoxide - from even from a fairly small fire that either disabled transponder/ACARS or they accidentally switched it off themselves under the effects.
    (The mumbled communication reported very early on)
    CO could have permeated the entire aircraft rendering everyone on board unconscious.
    Flight continued on autopilot to ??

Yeah I know that was said on Sky by some pilot a short while ago, but I think he just read one of my earlier posts.;)

The last MAS incident was in 2005 in a 777.
    And at a similar stage in the flight.
    2 failed accelerometers and buggy sw caused counterintuitive readings and actions then a return to airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I'm arriving a bit late to this discussion, but has any journalist asked the clowns who are conducting these press conferences why their photo release of the two Iranian dudes is shopped? I say shopped, but in reality it is an MSPaint cut and paste job. And which one of them looks like Balotelli - as we were told yesterday? Balotelli - big black man with a Mohican. These two dudes, nondescript middle easterners who share a pair of legs. Seriously - why didn't one journalist jump up and say - "that's fcukin shopped?"

oE17BCc.jpg

bajer101 wrote: »
    I'm arriving a bit late to this discussion, but has any journalist asked the clowns who are conducting these press conferences why their photo release of the two Iranian dudes is shopped? I say shopped, but in reality it is an MSPaint cut and paste job. And which one of them looks like Balotelli - as we were told yesterday? Balotelli - big black man with a Mohican. These two dudes, nondescript middle easterners who share a pair of legs. Seriously - why didn't one journalist jump up and say - "that's fcukin shopped?"

it's fairly obvious - well to those of us who remember photocopiers.
    Second photo was copied with first on top.
    Very little 'shopping going in here.
    either that or rush job from a junior.
    It was obvious it was an amateur production when they came out with them on A4 80g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That photo looks as if it were taken in a flight simulator, the tone of blue outside the cockpit window is very similar to that of the graphics in flight simulators.

I don't give a toss about these cheap tabloid stories whether true or not, but going out on a limb to try debase them is just as bad. Pilots are not gods. Responsible jobs, yes, but human afterall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is all very very bizarre and it leads me to believe that a lot of information is being withheld by authorities. Frustrating for us but can you imagine the frustration and anger being felt by the families of the missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

I was on a Ryanair flight to Derry a few years ago where an attractive blond girl was allowed into the cockpit for the duration of the flight, no one seemed to mind nor say a word... maybe she was an off-duty air hostess on her way home for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

It is all very very bizarre and it leads me to believe that a lot of information is being withheld by authorities. Frustrating for us but can you imagine the frustration and anger being felt by the families of the missing.

I know. I feel unjustified in even questioning anything knowing that there is a family out there with real questions. Families of course, lest I be misinterpreted! It must be absolutely unimaginable torture. It hasn't escaped my memory either that there were two babies on board.

I was on a Ryanair flight to Derry a few years ago where an attractive blond girl was allowed into the cockpit for the duration of the flight, no one seemed to mind nor say a word... maybe she was an off-duty air hostess on her way home for the weekend.
    You sure it wasn't the pilot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Could they draw a map from the last known radar point and then do a 360 degree range presuming the cabin depressurized and they all lost consciousness and it just flew on and ran out of fuel, it could have ended up somewhere in Russian Siberia or the South Indian ocean. There is a strong possibility this plane will not be found for a long time if ever.

This entire incident will seriously damage Malaysian Airlines, they already run huge losses and I wonder will the Malaysian Government keep bailing them out? These type of accidents really damage a Airlines reputation and for me personally I would not fly on Air France, Any South Korean carrier or fly a twin trans-oceanic, excluding NATL.

bajer101 wrote: »

oE17BCc.jpg

yeah, I mentioned that earlier, it bothered me too :) what was the point??? I dont get it. Small things bother me :)

I'm starting to suspect MAS investigators were way out of their depth right from the beginning and probably should have called in some experts to manage it. That is not to knock them, but they should probably have realised earlier they had no expertise in this.

Ok, some more speculation now from someone nterviewed on Sky, while strongly asserting the fact that it was pure speculation, but that this may be linked to terrorism, but not the primary target.

I reiterate!! I'm regurgitating, and yer man was merely speculating on Sky!!!!

However.........

Could it be some sort of dummy run for future acts? To guage international monitoring?

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist. Unfortunately, life generally throws out a few inexplicable acts.

wil wrote: »
    It was obvious it was an amateur production when they came out with them on A4 80g

Didnt Interpol release those photos?

So, the blame would lie with them Id say :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Yeah, looks like they were printed with a potato.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Didnt Interpol release those photos?

So, the blame would lie with them Id say :)
    they came off the airport cctv so doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''
    The more plausible answer is that it flew too high and accidentally escaped the earth's gravitational pull. It's now flying toward the sun at over a million miles per second squared. Unfortunately at that speed it will never be able to reach the sun due to time slowing down to the negative.''

There is some crazy ideas out there of what happened

And what is this guy raving about .

they came off the airport cctv so doubt it.

i know they came from airport cctv, but Interpol ultimately were the ones who released the pics. They were photo shopped. They didnt come off the cctv like that, who ever saw two men share the same pair of legs :)
    ;)

i know they came from airport cctv, but Interpol ultimately were the ones who released the pics. They were photo shopped. They didnt come off the cctv like that, who ever saw two men share the same pair of legs :)
    ;)

I'd say it went down like this:

Dope A with access to footage: Here ya go - this is the fella here
    Dope B with access to footage: Great - can you give him a pair of legs there now, or the US will have us pestered about not having sufficient international security. Thanks Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

;)

sharing legs

But I would reckon those two guys were just trying to emigrate.
    Sometimes the simplest explanation it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Frynge wrote: »
    sharing legs

But I would reckon those two guys were just trying to emigrate.
    Sometimes the simplest explanation it right.

Occams Razor.

But what about the plane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I'm not sure, at least with the two Iranians on fake passports there is enough information to extend as far as a logical explanation.

Unfortunately with the airplane there seems to be so little known and it is now getting to the stage where what I though to be the case may no longer be so.

heres a link to all the media statements from Malaysia Airlines. Apologies if this was already posted, I may have missed it.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

• Advertisement

Frynge wrote: »
    I'm not sure, at least with the two Iranians on fake passports there is enough information to extend as far as a logical explanation.

Unfortunately with the airplane there seems to be so little known and it is now getting to the stage where what I though to be the case may no longer be so.

with a user name like yours... :)

;)

Advertisement