Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Jake1 wrote: »
    i know they came from airport cctv, but Interpol ultimately were the ones who released the pics. They were photo shopped. They didnt come off the cctv like that, who ever saw two men share the same pair of legs :)
    ;)
    they repeated themselves.:confused:

Yes they did release them, after they identified them -

"Ron Noble, Interpol’s secretary-general, said the two passengers were Pouria Nourmohammadi, 18, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29. Mr Nourmohammadi is believed to have planned to seek asylum in Germany. "

But they and the Malaysian police got the photos from the airport cctv.
    It wasn't Interpol handing out badly copied flimsy A4 pages for reporters to copy on their handphones (sic)

Think there is no need to read any more in to it than a little incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Reoil wrote: »
    What could this be?
    If it was a boat, I'd expect some sort of a wake.
    It's about 20 meters long...

http://i.imgur.com/7aiGSbx.jpg
    EI-DOR wrote: »
    Oil Rig more than likely!

Found an oil rig and it looks a lot different to Reoil's find.
    http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/23967

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Jake1 wrote: »
    with a user name like yours... :)

;)

I don't get it?

wil wrote: »
    they repeated themselves.:confused:

Yes they did release them, after they identified them -

"Ron Noble, Interpol’s secretary-general, said the two passengers were Pouria Nourmohammadi, 18, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29. Mr Nourmohammadi is believed to have planned to seek asylum in Germany. "

But they and the Malaysian police got the photos from the airport cctv.
    It wasn't Interpol handing out badly copied flimsy A4 pages for reporters to copy on their handphones (sic)

Think there is no need to read any more in to it than a little incompetence.

I totally agree with you on that , regarding incompetence . Shouldnt have bothered me, but it did. :)

Frynge wrote: »
    I don't get it?

Tv show called fringe...?? No? Fringe theory??

never mind Im tired and possibly delirious by now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Got ya now. Been a long day in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Malaysia air force chief denies saying that missing Flight MH370 was last detected over Strait of Malacca
    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's air force chief said on Wednesday authorities have not ruled out the possibility a missing airliner inexplicably changed course before losing contact, but denied reports the jet had been detected far from its planned flight path.

"The (air force) has not ruled out the possibility of an air turn-back on a reciprocal heading before the aircraft vanished from the radar," General Rodzali Daud said in a statement.
    "This resulted in the search and rescue operations being widened to the vicinity of the waters (off the west coast of Malaysia)."

But he denied a Malaysian media report on Tuesday that quoted him as saying that radar had last detected the plane over the Strait of Malacca off western Malaysia.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysia-jet-may-have/1029530.html?cid=TWTCNA&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    CNN cited an unnamed air force official for its report on Flight 370's course, but their later updates placed heavy emphasize on "if true"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

How many hours per week, would the pilot have been working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If it went over North Korea would they shoot it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jfmeto

?

• Advertisement

The plane might have been shot down if the Koreans thought it was spying on them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Neeson wrote: »
    If it went over North Korea would they shoot it down?

The plane had enough fuel to get into North Korean airspace, but would they really be that stupid ( yes they are quite stupid ) to take down a plane with mainly Chinese citizens on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Ah come on now lads. Get real.

Vietnam says it is scaling back search in Vietnamese waters for missing Malaysia Airlines flight

China to expand search to land areas for missing plane, country's civil aviation chief says

http://www.trust.org/item/20140312011416-2d1n8

Xenji wrote: »
    The plane had enough fuel to get into North Korean airspace, but would they really be that stupid ( yes they are quite stupid ) to take down a plane with mainly Chinese citizens on it?

They wouldn't have known how many Chinese would have been on it. They could have thought it was full up with US computer spy things and people would have been relaying it back to Obama over in the United States.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 judylee213

It has been contact lose over 100 hours. Hope we can found them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭jescart

Has anything at all been found in the sea yet? Pieces of fuselage, luggage, etc.. sorry if this is an obvious question it's just difficult to navigate through the colossal amount of info in the media regarding this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

You sure it wasn't the pilot?

yep, there were 2 other uniformed pilots in the cockpit. I was sitting up the front, thats why I was surprised when blondie appeared from mission control, all smiles.

jescart wrote: »
    Has anything at all been found in the sea yet? Pieces of fuselage, luggage, etc..

Absolutely nothing has been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jescart wrote: »
    Has anything at all been found in the sea yet? Pieces of fuselage, luggage, etc.. sorry if this is an obvious question it's just difficult to navigate through the colossal amount of info in the media regarding this

Nothing yet, the oil slick and and the door were confirmed as not having anything to do with the MH370.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Apols if this is not quite the place, but still on topic.
    Not getting much feedback from Tomnod and only just got it working properly, but anyone got directions etc on what to look out for/avoid tagging.
    Loads of possibly large breaking waves but hard to tell.
    I have here what look like 2 boats but not distinct enough, should I tag as other or put as raft/wreckage and let them judge?

298182.JPG

Malaysia has expanded the search for the missing plane in the Andaman Sea, far to the northwest of the original search radius.

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysia-searching-andaman-sea-missing-plane-024205897.html;_ylt=A0SO8wc3zh9T4EoA0zlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdnNyNzk1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM2OV8x

Eight Chinese rescue ships have arrived at the MH370 search site. China will now double its search area in the Gulf of Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

How likely is this scenario?

The plane is following its planned flight path when something happens causing depressurisation and loss of communications. The pilots have enough time before they black out from hypoxia to set a new course which brings the plane back west over the Malay peninsula at a lower altitude, just like the military radar supposedly show.

Unfortunately the depressurisation has been fatal and the flight continues on this heading over Sumatra into the Indian Ocean until it crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

MrCreosote wrote: »
    How likely is this scenario?

The plane is following its planned flight path when something happens causing depressurisation and loss of communications. The pilots have enough time before they black out from hypoxia to set a new course which brings the plane back west over the Malay peninsula at a lower altitude, just like the military radar supposedly show.

Unfortunately the depressurisation has been fatal and the flight continues on this heading over Sumatra into the Indian Ocean until it crashes

Think that was on sky news earlier, where they went and tried it in a simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Apols if this is not quite the place, but still on topic.
    Not getting much feedback from Tomnod and only just got it working properly, but anyone got directions etc on what to look out for/avoid tagging.
    Loads of possibly large breaking waves but hard to tell.
    I have here what look like 2 boats but not distinct enough, should I tag as other or put as raft/wreckage and let them judge?

298182.JPG

Look like whales again. But tag anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Still can't believe that in this day and age an aircraft could go unfound for this long. Terrible trauma for families to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I honestly don't think that they will find it soon. It's pretty obvious that the don't have any idea where it might be.

It's pretty obvious now that it crashed but the why may never be answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

irishgeo wrote: »
    I honestly don't think that they will find it soon. It's pretty obvious that the don't have any idea where it might be.

It's pretty obvious now that it crashed but the why may never be answered.

It's not "pretty obvious" at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Hopefully the media interest will die down soon and let the SAR and investigation teams do their job without having to bow to the requests of blood thirsty hacks who frankly know nothing about aviation. Even some of the "experts" they have called up in the media are only pushing sensationalist theories and being the cynical bastard I am they are getting well paid to give that slant of opinion.

Advertisement