Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Aerohead wrote: »
    Update on the Witch Doctor taken from pprune it really is a heart breaking for all those involved and then we sink so low to this.

If only this wasn't to do with something so serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

kona wrote: »
    If only this wasn't to do with something so serious.

maybe they believe it will work and are out of options....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bangkok wrote: »

That's precisely what the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

They should offer some Irish travellers the scrappage rights and this wreck will be found in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Photos of the two passengers travelling on false passports are on the daily mail.UK website (sorry don't know how to post link)apparently these are the pictures that all the mainstream media are using.not sure what to make of it,but pictures seem to have been photoshopped.both guys have the same legs.same trousers,shoes,identical stance.even the same dirt marks on the floor at their feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Unlikely who paints a life raft black?

i didnt even know that plane had life rafts! i thought life jackets were their lot and the wings!

would the emergency shoot be the life rafts in most cases?

if this was a component of the plane and nothing else is there in that area, it just shows the enormous challenge ahead, the plane could be spread in 5 million pieces across the entire region, especially after 5 days of drift.

a mate of mine is in the area and he said that last night he was on a similiar flight last night... the Malaysian airwarys pilot on their plane had a minutes silence for the pasengers and then asked the passengers on the window seats to keep on the water for the plane!....surreal.

getting a witch doctor is like an irish person praying to st Anthony when they lose something.... a last resort

Maybe they should buy a de lorean and try get it to 88 and see if they can go back and stop the flight, more likely to work.

i didnt even know that plane had life rafts! i thought life jackets were their lot and the wings!

would the emergency shoot be the life rafts in most cases?

The slides are the rafts , pull a pin and they float away .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Aplogies if this has already been said but didnt I think it was an Adam Air flight around 2007 dissappear in similair circumstances? It dissappeared of radar and couldnt be found for days only for investigations to show that mechanical problem and piliot error resulted in a complete nose down crash into the sea at high speed, dosent this missing plane story sound very similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

getting a witch doctor is like an irish person praying to st Anthony when they lose something.... a last resort

Or St. Jude, for lost causes..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Those are offshore/ship type life rafts. I've been in them a few times (for training thankfully). The slides double as life rafts for aircraft. I think they can be disconnected by a painter line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A Witch Doctor is nothing to be laughed at in Malaysia, they are one of the most superstitious countries in the world and the paranormal goes part and parcel with their culture, Witch Doctors are very highly regarded and respected among their people for all sorts of purposes.

Xenji wrote: »
    A Witch Doctor is nothing to be laughed at in Malaysia, they are one of the most superstitious countries in the world and the paranormal goes part and parcel with their culture, Witch Doctors are very highly regarded and respected among their people for all sorts of purposes.

While that's all fine an dandy, it's not much use to the investigation!

Yea but it's aload of bollox and has no place in aviation investigations. If this is the kinda **** they are at no wonder it hasn't been found.

sopretty wrote: »
    Yea but it's aload of bollox and has no place in aviation investigations. If this is the kinda **** they are at no wonder it hasn't been found.

I agree, but people should not be ridiculing anothers culture that they know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Every American president says "God Bless America" at the end of their speech. He is not much use to them either but it still has to be said.

When I go to a shipyard in Singapore and they have a blessing/ritual at the start of a project you damn better respect it or you are off the job.

So them having a witch doctor is to maintain their tradition.

In Ireland 50/60 years ago if someone said during a search "we are going to say a decade of the rosary now" they would not be laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

zetalambda wrote: »
    They should offer some Irish travellers the scrappage rights and this wreck will be found in no time.
    They might already have it.

• Advertisement

Points taken from Kona, Xenji and Brandon. But I'm not in Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Have the Indians been asked to start searching off their Coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Points taken from Kona, Xenji and Brandon. But I'm not in Malaysia.

The search isn't happening off the coast of where you are then.

I'm not generally in favour of superstition but this country hasn't gotten shot of the idea of faith healers either so...

I agree, but people should not be ridiculing anothers culture that they know nothing about.

Wen that **** gets involved in a major SAR and and air crash investigation which could affect every 777 in flight, well then yes I'm gunna ridicule the crap out of it. I wouldn't even be ashamed of it. Makes it look like a circus.

Wen that **** gets involved in a major SAR and and air crash investigation which could affect every 777 in flight, well then yes I'm gunna ridicule the crap out of it.

Good man.

Calina wrote: »
    The search isn't happening off the coast of where you are then.

I'm not generally in favour of superstition but this country hasn't gotten shot of the idea of faith healers either so...

Is this the same dude (or a different one?) to the fella who claimed he knew that elves had taken the aircraft? And that he could see the black shadow in the shape of an eagle, hanging over the aircraft?

I'm neither in favour nor against faith healers but I will question logic!!!

yes it is ridiculous to slag off them getting a witch doctor very common in that part of the world and they believe it will work. Sure don't the FBI and CIA use physic detectives!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Cant see anymore info related to the raft finding, I would be going back to the spot where they "dropped" it and trying to recover it.

The whole thing is a shambles, the press conference does nothing to supress the heresay but only add to more conjecture, They need somebody in pronto to manage the PR as this is turning into a joke.

The witchdoctor thing is a load of crap, however, they should be allowed to practice their beliefs but dont bloody show the thing on public tv!

I really feel sorry for the families, at least with the AF incident you had confidence in the French and they way they handled it, the families must be distraught with the way this is being handled

yes it is ridiculous to slag off them getting a witch doctor very common in that part of the world and they believe it will work. Sure don't the FBI and CIA use physic detectives!!!!

Not that I'm aware of? Then again, the US doesn't seem to know what CIA does if you 'believe' today's news broadcasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Any word of when the last maintenance check was preformed? Anything show for it? Have heard no mention of it in the media and it would be the first thing I'd ask.

Advertisement