Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelski V Spurs

Options

Comments

I don't remember us getting thrashed this often even when we were fighting relegation.....and we're bloody fifth!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

KingdomYid wrote: »
    They are his players, so bloody organise them so they can defend. He is not the man to stop this sinking ship.

You can't blame Sherwood for Vertonghen's moment of absolute madness, Swinging the ball right across his own goal after he slipped was just idiotic.
    That completely changed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We were organised until the mistake was made and then no penalty and a sending off. Sandro at centre half, then Dawson off and 2 ropey full backs on. Vertonghan does not want to play for us. I would not blame sherwood today

Fair enough, it was stupid mistakes but I still have no confidence in the man to lead us to Top 4 next season. Anyway league season is over so its all out for Europa now and hope we don't take a beating next Sunday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

hugo29 wrote: »
    di Matteo

He was a novice :)

Today shouldn't be a day we attack the manager. It should be the players we attack.

Sherwood has got plenty wrong and I myself don't want him in charge next season but today is not a day where I'll blame Sherwood.

irishmover wrote: »
    Seriously now.

Let's just look at how the goals went in.

Vertonghen (supposedly one of the best defenders in England) slips and boots the ball into the danger area while Kaboul was fixing his laces. Sherwood's fault? Right.

Eto'o goes down very easy from almost no contact by Kaboul. Kaboul gets sent off. Yup let's blame Sherwood for that one too.

Sandro (you know our favorite and most reliable player) slips and gifts Demba Ba the ball for the third. I can see how that's Sherwood's fault aswell.

Walker (he's a liability but he was playing midfield where Sherwood wouldn't have imagined he could have caused impact in the defence) heads a ball back towards Lloris and Ba takes over and scored. Grand sure lets blame Sherwood for that one too!!

Sherwood.. Plays a strange formation and a strange selection of players. Chelsea don't look like scoring for the first 60 mins (Infact without spurs players helping I don't think would have score at all). But sure lets forget that he got the tactics right because we lost 4-0 and he's the manager..

I am not blaming Tim for the defeat at all but just want him gone anyway, my gripe today is not with him its just pure anger and frustration at the season as a whole. Anyway won't say anymore as am just pissed off and spouting most probable crap right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

It was bold selection by Sherry today.

If it wasn't for the dreadful defending by us, who knows what the result could have been,

Think 4th is out of our reach now, concentrate on Europa Cup otherwise our season is dead.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fair enough, it was stupid mistakes but I still have no confidence in the man to lead us to Top 4 next season. Anyway league season is over so its all out for Europa now and hope we don't take a beating next Sunday again.

I think we and he know that, but in no way should he be held accountable for today's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I am not blaming Tim for the defeat at all but just want him gone anyway, my gripe today is not with him its just pure anger and frustration at the season as a whole. Anyway won't say anymore as am just pissed off and spouting most probable crap right now.

We're all pissed off. I thought TS got tactics right today and again I'd be 1 to think he hasn't gotten them right much this season. We need to face the fact that we bought poorly and our players just aren't good enough. We were right in it till the mistake

Sherwood's interview is comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Brilliant interview by sherwood

Told it as it is, bunch of spineless , highly paid apes that don't give a toss about spurs

Signed off with ' the club talks about 4th, get real' . Class !!

• Advertisement

I actually loved that interview, he said exactly how we all feel.

They should re run that interview but with spooky music and thunderstorms. And give him red eyes.

I actually loved that interview, he said exactly how we all feel.

Yep. Season will unravel now big time,

We may not see verts in a spurs shirt again , he has given up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    They should re run that interview but with spooky music and thunderstorms. And give him red eyes.

LOL :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

mickman wrote: »
    Yep. Season will unravel now big time,

We may not see verts in a spurs shirt again , he has given up

To be honest, Verts can jog on he has been poison for weeks now. He is a classy defender but not a great one and has no heart as far as I can see.

Sherwood should co star with Liam Neeson. he'd play a great baddie.

To be honest, Verts can jog on he has been poison for weeks now. He is a classy defender but not a great one and has no heart as far as I can see.

Never had a heart . I agree that he should be gotten rid of now

Kaboul tying his laced for the goal too, it's laughable stuff . You would never see terry do that unless the ball was way down the field

I'm serious , bring back Harry

Kaboul tying his laced for the goal too, it's laughable stuff . You would never see terry do that unless the ball was way down the field

I hear you man, this will open a can of whoopass on here :D

Jose spot on too. ' spurs are a nice team with good control of the ball but don't hurt you '

Harry was the only manager in the last 20 years who created a squad who had passion and belief

What did he mean when he said ' ill have forgotten about this when we hit the motorway but some oriole won't

Was this dig at levy ?

• Advertisement

What did he mean when he said ' ill have forgotten about this when we hit the motorway but some oriole won't

Was this dig at levy ?

No he was referring to certain players I am guessing, players who will probably be more worried about listening to their tunes and having a laugh than actually hurting about the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Utterly depressing. We have gone so far backwards this season it's unreal. Can't honestly see us doing much for the next few seasons. We fu@kin wasted the Gareth bale money on hyped players and too many of them. Should of just bought two world class players instead of a load of squad players. Levy must take the blame for this. I can't blame Tim for this mess at all, there is something rotten in the club, we are back to bein a bunch of soft touch fannys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Was this dig at levy ?
    He said I won't forget this when we hit the motorway but some will,hinting at players who don't give a fcuk I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Was this dig at levy ?

Surely he said he wouldn't have forgotten it by the time they hit the motorway but some of the players would?

Wow, you weren't saying that a while back.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Wow, you weren't saying that a while back.

No I wasn't but this is a complete farce now. We are the whipping boys for the top four

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Not sure what's more embarrassing, the performances by the players, the tactical ineptitude of Sherwood or the calls for Harry redknapp to return by some on here.... Shocking stuff all round. And now the calls for the verts to be sold? There's a lot of mad folk on here

Not sure what's more embarrassing, the performances by the players, the tactical ineptitude of Sherwood or the calls for Harry redknapp to return by some on here.... Shocking stuff all round. And now the calls for the verts to be sold? There's a lot of mad folk on here

Harry will not be coming back nor am I calling for him back, I think people are just remembering the days when we actually played with heart and like a team. As for Verts, he says he will have to look at his options if we dont get top 4 yet he is not putting in the effort to get us there.

As for Verts, he says he will have to look at his options if we dont get top 4 yet he is not putting in the effort to get us there.

This. I was thinking the same thing. He was moaning about how he might leave if we don't get fourth yet he lost us the game today. If he had any honour he'd say to the chairman "I must take some responsibility for us not getting into top four so I want to rectify that and stay at least another season".

Doubt it though.....he'll see those $$$$$$$ signs and be off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Not one of our summer signing started today, we badly need this season to end

Advertisement