Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelski V Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I've been a Spurs fan since 1986.seen a lot of bad and some good.dicing with relegation to being on the fringes of 4th.but one thing is for certain in all those seasons I have never seen as many capitulations as I have seen this season.
    The drubbings by city twice,the collapse to Liverpool and again today.yes we got a raw deal with the pen but you roll your sleeves up and you get on with it.vertongen sulking(has been all season)Kaboul finally makes an appearance and ties his laces while the game is going on.and then we have Kyle wa*ker doing what he's being doing all season which is anything but defending.
    There is something seriously wrong with this group of players.
    I hope they do a collective soul search and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

It's sad to say especially after signing 7 new players but we need a serious overhaul. They don't have any work ethic, will to win or team spirit. The minimum you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did not see match this evening so just watched match of the day. Did we only have one shot on target or was it just the highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Glebee wrote: »
    Did not see match this evening so just watched match of the day. Did we only have one shot on target or was it just the highlights?

We had 2 shots on target and so did Chelsea at the 70 minute mark I think. Dunno after that.

Apparently Sherwood made the players go to the Spurs away fans after the game.

Anyone able to confirm this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Not sure what's more embarrassing, the performances by the players, the tactical ineptitude of Sherwood or the calls for Harry redknapp to return by some on here.... Shocking stuff all round. And now the calls for the verts to be sold? There's a lot of mad folk on here

Sherwood did fine for this game
    We are desperate now and Harry was our best manager of recent memory
    Verts has been rubbish and doesn't want to be a spurs player any longer

irishmover wrote: »

Didn't see it but a buddy said it to me also. He made them apologise apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Had this wrote off as a loss before the game. Move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

This season is over for Spurs, on the domestic front anyway. Its going to be a new team next season A) because the likes of Verttonghen, Lloris and probably more are going to be bought by quality teams and B) The chaff is gonna be off loaded, players that really just ain't good enough, problem positions that should have been dealt with years ago, players like Lennon, Dawson, Sigurosson and so on.

You'd have to ask though, whats intrinsically wrong at this club. Under Harry the club was on the cusp of great long term success yet some how the situation was allowed to deteriorate to the point of farce. How did a chairman allow this the develop in the first place. The hard work was done. How did a chairman allow the relationship with his most successful manager ever to get to a point of no return. CL football was now at the lane. Before this even happened the managers future should have been secured.

Whats worse is the replacing of him with AVB (an unproven quantity) and then subsequently destroying that relationship by undermining him right left and centre. The appointment of Baldini, the use of the Bale money and the purchase of players the new manager just didn't want. I would never have rated AVB myself but such undermining from the start of this season was going nowhere. You'd have to ask is the chairman's ego bigger than anything at THFC.

It would appear to be start again time at WHL, CL achieved and gone, highest quality signings now not likely to want to come near the club, missed chance to keep Liverpool at bay after their implosion post Rafa and likely watching your current better players heading out the door. The chairman really needs to be held to task here. It seems for every good move, he's just waiting to shoot himself in the foot.

Nothing surer for next year that there'll be a new manager, a host of new players in and another load out. Proof of the problem at the core of the club is that most of the players out will probably go on to have fantastic careers, just not at spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

BiO68YuIgAATuPo.jpg

• Advertisement

Sherwood's gone up in my book.

Unprofessional interview is what a lot of people would call it but for me he was being the only honest manager in football. Said it how it was and making the players go apologise to the away fans deserves credit.

I don't expect or necessarily want him to be manager at the club next season but I hope he remains at the club in the background. He clearly showed more passion in the 2 minute interview he had than any of the players have shown all season.

I remember when Arsenal got beaten 8-2 by Man united. The players went of their own accord to the away fans at Old Trafford to apologise.

we are 100% back to where we were before redknapp took over . The squad has zero character except for dawson and a few others (sandro).
    Paulinho is a nice player but id say he is like a silent mouse throughout the game.

Its essential to have a centre midfield who is loud / abrasive and domineering in order to be able to grab games by the scruff of the neck.

When harry took over, he said the team had no balance and little character - its the exact same situation now. We are in dire straits now in my opinion.

We will most likely lose against arsenal and pool and then get leap frogged by united who will strengthen massively during the summer.

Why would LVG take this job ? Its an impossible job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Awful day to be a Spurs fan.
    A bad decision for the peno and red card but that apart, we made some shocking mistakes. I thought the team selection from the off was insane. 2 right fulls ? Moving our best centre half to full back when we had 2 other options that could have filled in there ? Sig starting when he had just played his first game during the week for weeks when there was fitter fresher players on the bench ?
    Lennon down the middle ? Walker in central midfield ? Some alarming decisions.

In fairness to Tim and the interview, he was probably right. I said it the other day about Lennon, too many fellas who don't have the heart to want to be a top player. No balls and not enough will to break your ballicks for the club.

We look like a mess. League campaign is finished, or at least our top 4 ambitions are, and a difficult Europa draw means our season could be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Hate to say it again, but changes needed in the summer, from top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

well its probably a good thing we all realise now we wouldn't last pissing time in the cl! Could you imagine the dawson highline against bale and Ronaldo, the not that interested vertongan against ibrahimovic, the just not good enough naughton against messi!
    We wouldn't have a chance.
    I think we need to concentrate all our effort into the Europa league try our best to win it and at least have something to show for what has become a joke of a season.
    I just wish our players showed any of the passion Tim Sherwood showed in the post match interview.

tom1ie wrote: »
    I just wish our players showed any of the passion Tim Sherwood showed in the post match interview.

All well and good showing passion in the interview and he was probably right what he said about them, but he picked the team which was mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    All well and good showing passion in the interview and he was probably right what he said about them, but he picked the team which was mind boggling.

I think it was a good formation, it was actually nullifying them for 60 minutes

agreed I though the line up was ****ed up, but when ya see the like of kaboul tying his shoe lace in the middle of the game with the ball in our half, verts just not putting the effort in like he did last year? I don't know, doesn't look good. Jesus 3 years ago we were in the quarter finals of the cl and looking like a serious attacking football club, yesterday.......................****!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I loved his honesty. Still think it was a bit naive of him though. Hopefully it gets a good response from the players but it could go the other way and lose the dressing room. We shall find out soon.

crazy lineup but we did do well enough up to the 56th when verts slipped and bar the first 6 mins we were alright up to the 60th but after that no character.:(

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I loved his honesty. Still think it was a bit naive of him though. Hopefully it gets a good response from the players but it could go the other way and lose the dressing room. We shall find out soon.
    id say loose the dressing room unfortunately, when it comes down to it theres no way a modern day high paid footballer is gonna stand up and take some of the blame,- sure just let the novice manager take all the flak!

• Advertisement

Really ? Walker right wing and central midfield half the time. Our best centre half at full back were everyone know he hates playing, why not play fryers left full, he has plenty of pace to cope with any of there wingers. Sig starting, where did that come from ? Lennon central ? It was 0-0 for so long because they were having an off day, not because we were impressing or imposing ourselves on the game.

His team selections and subs have been very odd in the last few weeks, the same at Norwich, starting with the bulk of the midfield that played on the Thursday night away from home, bringing on chadli when capoue got injured when fresher lads like townsend and eriksen were on the bench. He can show all the passion he likes, and it's nice to see, but I just don't get some of his decisions.

agreed I though the line up was ****ed up, but when ya see the like of kaboul tying his shoe lace in the middle of the game with the ball in our half, verts just not putting the effort in like he did last year? I don't know, doesn't look good. Jesus 3 years ago we were in the quarter finals of the cl and looking like a serious attacking football club, yesterday.......................****!:mad:

We had Modric and Bale back then mate. As for vert, I agree his attitude doesn't look right.

We had Modric and Bale back then mate. As for vert, I agree his attitude doesn't look right.
    and harry steering the ship don't forget that!

and harry steering the ship don't forget that!

Harry :D don't get me started

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Harry :D don't get me started

Haha not your favourite manager, but you would have his Tottenham back in a flash if you could :D

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha not your favourite manager, but you would have his Tottenham back in a flash if you could :D
    exactly his footballing record with spurs speaks for itself. Best era for a spurs fan in a long time, some lads will only realise that in a few years unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

I honestly believe that some on here are blinded from the facts through their lily-white tinted spectacles..
    In my opinion:
      Harry redknapp was solely to blame for the deterioration of his relationship with the club and his position became unattainable with his angling for the england job through his cronies in the press and undermining his boss about contract negotiations when he didnt get the position. Sherwood consistently plays bentalb. even though a player of the calibre of paulihno, a regular for the favorites for the next world cup and easily one of the best international teams out there, is sitting on the bench (but according to some inhere, he needs to shout more to be a better player and deserve his place) He also played Lennon totally out of position yesterday, despite soldado being playing well, more suited to the role and actually getting a goal last week, sitting on the bench. AVB tried to sell Dawson for 10m at the start of the season, now we'd be lucky to get 5m for him. This said he has heart, but hes just brutal. Kaboul and Verts are the best center halfs at the club... and the lace tieing didnt make a difference to the goal, thats just something that has been highlighted by the match of the day analysis.

All in all, role on next season... but i wouldnt mind a euro league win :0)

I honestly believe that some on here are blinded from the facts through their lily-white tinted spectacles..
    In my opinion:
      Harry redknapp was solely to blame for the deterioration of his relationship with the club and his position became unattainable with his angling for the england job through his cronies in the press and undermining his boss about contract negotiations when he didnt get the position. Sherwood consistently plays bentalb. even though a player of the calibre of paulihno, a regular for the favorites for the next world cup and easily one of the best international teams out there, is sitting on the bench (but according to some inhere, he needs to shout more to be a better player and deserve his place) He also played Lennon totally out of position yesterday, despite soldado being playing well, more suited to the role and actually getting a goal last week, sitting on the bench. AVB tried to sell Dawson for 10m at the start of the season, now we'd be lucky to get 5m for him. This said he has heart, but hes just brutal. Kaboul and Verts are the best center halfs at the club... and the lace tieing didnt make a difference to the goal, thats just something that has been highlighted by the match of the day analysis.

All in all, role on next season... but i wouldnt mind a euro league win :0)

You forgot that Redknapp had turned down a new deal in February 2012 and then as you said 2 months later whinged and moaned about not getting a new deal offered after Hodgson got the job.

He was a hypocritical w*nker. The quotes from January 2012 to his sacking are unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You forgot that Redknapp had turned down a new deal in February 2012 and then as you said 2 months later whinged and moaned about not getting a new deal offered after Hodgson got the job.

He was a hypocritical w*nker. The quotes from January 2012 to his sacking are unforgivable.

No matter what he was he was the best manager our club had in the time I have supported them. I do agree that the relationship was ruined after all the England speculation and he had to go. Having said that though, I can imagine our chairman is not the easiest man to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

KingdomYid wrote: »
    No matter what he was he was the best manager our club had in the time I have supported them. I do agree that the relationship was ruined after all the England speculation and he had to go. Having said that though, I can imagine our chairman is not the easiest man to work with.

No doubt levy is the bigger problem... Although watching Harry's hip problems being coincidently reported recently by his press cronies as QPR struggle to get a play off place despite him spending millions is laughable. When he claimed a few years back that our fans never had it so good, the truth was that it was him that never had, and never will have it as good as it was then.

Advertisement