Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot load options PROBLEM

• 08-03-2014 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop followed by openSUSE 13.10 to dual boot.
    Everything works fine with the OS' but I would like Windows 8.1 to be the default OS at start up. Currently the boot loader is GRUB2. How can I get the boot loader to be Windows' version of GRUB and still have the option to select between the two OS' at start up.

Right now, when I turn on my laptop I get 10 seconds to choose an OS, and if the timer runs out, it boots openSUSE automatically. How can I change that so Windows loads automatically. Preferably getting rid of GRUB2 too.

Pic below, ignore Windows 7 part, that's gone. Yet still there. Haha

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Start>right click computer>properties>advanced system settings>advanced tab>startup and recovery>settings>default operating system> choose from here also times etc

Probably works for win 8 but don't know as I don't have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Axidium

The space to choose an OS in the below pic is empty once clicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Download Easy BCD from this site.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/easybcd.html

Advertisement