Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new school at templecarrig

Options
  • 08-03-2014 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

We have been told that the new school is due to open in Sept 2014. I haven't seen any evidence of any building work having commenced.
    Is it really due to open this year and where exactly is it to be located?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

It's title is misleading, it will not be located in Templecarrig but in Coolagad beside the new Educate Together school, work has not started but tenders are out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its going to be in temporary accomodation for the first year I think with the new building ready for the 2015 intake. Not sure why this is, surely they could've started building last year when the patronage was announced. The new ET primary school has gone up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If I remember correctly the Dept.of Education started building the ET building around Easter last year and was completed in November. So a 9 month project or so. They used a rapid build process with pre-cast concrete panels. As ET were already housed in the temporary school they could wait till things were done. The new secondary school does not have the luxury.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Serrano13

vinpaul wrote: »
    We have been told that the new school is due to open in Sept 2014. I haven't seen any evidence of any building work having commenced.
    Is it really due to open this year and where exactly is it to be located?

http://www.templecarrigschool.ie/principal.html

The principal has more information on the building project on the school website at the link above

Advertisement