Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurling helmets for kids ?

• 08-03-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking to buy hurling helmets for kids and wondering about the difference in quality between the brands. Elverys doing Mycro ons for €90 (I have to get 3!) and O'Neill have their own brand for €60. Was looking at these yesterday and they have a removeable insert which can be washed. A bit dubious about that as different bits seem to be held in place with Velcro. Anyone user these ?big difference in price when buying 3 but want to make sure they're ok. Wod appreciate any advice. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

If you can go to the factory shop you'll get them a fair bit cheaper than buying on the high Street.

I got an adult helmet for myself in the factory shop for 50. Was 90 in the sports shops. That was a couple of years ago.

Surely the club facilities purchases too making them cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

SeaFields wrote: »
    If you can go to the factory shop you'll get them a fair bit cheaper than buying on the high Street.

I got an adult helmet for myself in the factory shop for 50. Was 90 in the sports shops. That was a couple of years ago.

Surely the club facilities purchases too making them cheaper?

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the O'neill factory sho ? That's where they are €60. no joy with the club. Are O'neill ok ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

kit3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the O'neill factory sho ? That's where they are €60. no joy with the club. Are O'neill ok ?

Im not familiar with that shop. I used the mycro factory shop in cork. Granted I bought mine a couple of years ago but there was a definite saving buying in the factory shop at that time. Maybe someone else can advise you for wherever you're based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

I got 3 for my lads at Xmas. Got 3 cooper sk100 for €200 ( their choice of helmet).
    Send me pm and I'll give you contact number for lad it got them from, he also does other brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

A shop in KK was selling helmets for €80 last year, got a kids helmet through the club for either €35 or €40 after making enquiries, can't remember which but it's a crazy price difference, you should definitely look to source via the club if you can at all

• Advertisement

Some clubs have subsidized thru county boards. A lot os clubs don't bother with it asthey have to buy a quantity to get discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jeez, why are these so expensive for children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Most clubs will have them available at a much reduced price. Just ask whoever is running the training for the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

SeaFields wrote: »
    Im not familiar with that shop. I used the mycro factory shop in cork. Granted I bought mine a couple of years ago but there was a definite saving buying in the factory shop at that time. Maybe someone else can advise you for wherever you're based.

There is a Mycro factory shop
    In ballincollig & they are much cheaper than sports shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^

Handy if you live in Ballincollig? Much cheaper ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 louise8010

Smith614 wrote: »
    I got 3 for my lads at Xmas. Got 3 cooper sk100 for €200 ( their choice of helmet).
    Send me pm and I'll give you contact number for lad it got them from, he also does other brands.

Hi I was wondering do you still have a contact for hurling helmets as I have a few to buy 4 kids

louise8010 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering do you still have a contact for hurling helmets as I have a few to buy 4 kids
    Just sent u pm there with phone no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Probably too late for the poster looking for a helmet but I spotted Assuri Kids helmets in Aldi yesterday. Only €40 - good price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

buy direct from Mycro.
    €45.
    they will last.

Advertisement