Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to upload and share some gifs - recommendations needed

Options
  • 08-03-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some gifs that I want to upload and share, but I'm not sure what the best application is to do this. I tried Vimeo, assuming they would support gifs, but they don't. They are about 3.2MB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Ciara
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭wandererz

Have you tried imgur ?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Try gfycat. It'll convert them to html5 video, so they're quicker to load, and you can pause, rewind, reverse them. Raw gif files are just plain awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Thank you both. Imgur works for what I need. I'll try gfycat now because that sounds good, though I don't need that functionality there's no harm in having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Hi I've tried gfycat, and it makes the videos smaller, but it assigns a random name that I can't change, and therefore I can't share the file with my work placement supervisor (AdventurousCow really would take a bit of explaining). I also can't delete the video I've uploaded, and when I try to upload a new one it replaces the one that is already there, even though they are different (though it keeps the silly name). Am I missing something really big here? I see that's it's a Beta site, is that the problem?

Also it turns out that some of my files are too large for imgur, so I'm back to square one again. Sigh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You could just share them using a cloud file service like OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive. They don't have the image/gif specific features that sites dedicated to image sharing do, but sometimes that's a good thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement