Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Test in Sligo

• 08-03-2014 2:21pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Have my bike test in Sligo next month.

Does anyone have experience with it?

What route is usually used?

Who would you recommend to do test preparation with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

If Brendan Kelly is still doing lessons he's your man. Did my pre test with him and I flew it.

Couple of years back now but think it was in from Carraroe, onto the Oakfield road and down the road adjacent to the dual carriageway as far as the bridge across to Caltragh/Crozon. Down Gallows hill and a lap of town. Out Pearse road to the test centre.

The emergency stop and walking pace bit were done on that road from Oakfield road to Caltragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi pugzilla best of luck to you.

I done my test there a few years ago and just went all around the town and by dunnes and up by the schools and some other back roads.

The tester followed in his car and just told me which way to go and if I were to lose him just pull in at a certain point.

I had to deal with school kids and 2 dogs ran out in front of me and he seen I could well control the bike in all the worst situations.

Just take your time and relax. I took no lessons and am from Dublin and went over to do it there as the waiting list was over half the time.

Oh also didn't know the route and also I was given terrible advice from a friend when doing the walking pace ride to put the bike in 2nd gear which was pure stupid. I thought he knew as he had passed his test now not 1st time but the tester put me right and even though very serious and not a big talker he was a decent fella and I fully would have understood if he had of failed me for the control on walking pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

hi pugzilla,

i did my test in sligo a few years ago.
    the test route was from the centre onto the dual carriageway and back thru series of roundabouts at carraroe/caltragh
    and down into the town and back. it could be changed since tho.
    as far as i know brendan kelly is gone and the only guy doing lessons is this guy based in grange
    http://www.ridingaces.ie/

best of luck

Advertisement