Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting off a Clamp

Options
  • 08-03-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I just reported a car owner who was attempting to remove a clamp from his car by cutting and hammering it.

I'm not normally a busy body, but it just pissed me off for some reason. Partly because it was parked outside my house and the racket was disturbing my study. Partly because the distain and blatant 'fúck you' to law abiding citizens irritated me. Nobody likes being clamped. I've been clamped. But I took my medicine, paid the fee and moved on with my life.

What do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Spot on. Folly the rules or be clamped. What's the problem? All this ****e about private clamping not being legal - don't park there if you don't agree with the rules. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oops, I mistakenly thought that this was an SM thing.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

Wilfork wrote: »
    What do you think?

..that you might wake up tomorrow and find a horse's head in your bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

What do you think?

That you must have little else to be doing tbh.

Besides, 'reported' to who????

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wilfork

Baze wrote: »
    ..that you might wake up tomorrow and find a horse's head in your bed.

Well they were a group of hardy looking east Europeans. That didn't influence my decision to report, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care if they knew it was me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I just reported a car owner who was attempting to remove a clamp from his car by cutting and hammering it.

I'm not normally a busy body, but it just pissed me off for some reason. Partly because it was parked outside my house and the racket was disturbing my study. Partly because the distain and blatant 'fúck you' to law abiding citizens irritated me. Nobody likes being clamped. I've been clamped. But I took my medicine, paid the fee and moved on with my life.

What do you think?

What do I think?

Amateurs, it takes about 15 seconds to cut it of with a bolt cutters.

Well they were a group of hardy looking east Europeans. That didn't influence my decision to report, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care if they knew it was me!
    First they take Crimea, now they take a Dublin clamp.

Those Russians :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The first wave of the Red Army came slightly underprepared.

That you must have little else to be doing tbh.

Besides, 'reported' to who????

Dublin City Council

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well they were a group of hardy looking east Europeans..............................

And with that - Let the the AH shítstorm begin............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Dublin City Council

Are you sure it was them who put the clamp on?

mackeire wrote: »
    Are you sure it was them who put the clamp on?

Yep. I saw them put it on

Dublin City Council

Was it Dublin city council, or a company subbed in by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Spot on. Folly the rules or be clamped. What's the problem? All this ****e about private clamping not being legal - don't park there if you don't agree with the rules. Simples.

Totally incorrect. if it's a private clamping company it's illegal, threaten to take that matter to court and you won't here from them again. Motherfcuking research, did you do it?? Obviously not! :)

When you call the number to get the clamp off you get through to Dublin City Council

When you call the number to get the clamp off, you get through to Dublin City Council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Mind your own business.

How is someone cutting off a clamp affecting your life? Speaking of which, get one.

BNMC wrote: »
    Mind your own business.

How is someone cutting off a clam affecting your life. Speaking of which, get one.

If I could thank this 4 times I would.. :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mind your own business.

How is someone cutting off a clamp affecting your life? Speaking of which, get one.

I concur. Your a busybody OP

Mind your own business.

Well first the NOISE was affecting my life.

More importantly, I have to pay €50 odd per year for the privilege of parking outside my house. So I think I feel justifiably aggrieved that other people with no respect for the rules think they are somehow more entitled than I am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well first the NOISE was affecting my life.

More importantly, I have to pay €50 odd per year for the privilege of parking outside my house. So I think I feel justifiably aggrieved that other people with no respect for the rules think they are somehow more entitled than I am

A Euro a week!! The humanity!!!

Well first my NOSE was affecting my life.

More importantly, YADDA YADDA YADDA

FYP..;)

€50 more than this person was prepared to spend

Oh someone please think of the children..

OP, was the removal of this clamp having a negative impact in your life in any shape or form?

In what sense had the people invloved 'broken the rules/law'?

I'm all for reporting tiger kidnappings, burgalries and armed robberies etc, but draw the line at supporting these **** blood sucking leeches clamping firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

job seeker wrote: »
    Totally incorrect. if it's a private clamping company it's illegal, threaten to take that matter to court and you won't here from them again. Motherfcuking research, did you do it?? Obviously not! :)

Before anyone accepts this legal advice as being correct I would suggest consulting a legal professional.

Before anyone accepts this legal advice as being correct I would suggest consulting a legal professional.

well that's just your opinion man..

OP, was the removal of this clamp having a negative impact in your life in any shape or form?

I'm all for reporting tiger kidnappings, burgalries and armed robberies etc, but draw the line at supporting these **** blood sucking leeches clamping firms.

Parking regulations. Which I think we can all agree improve our quality of life
    :)

It's worse than you think! http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/dublin-city-council-sets-60-000-target-for-clampers-1.1715481
    Dublin’s clampers have been set a target by Dublin City Council to clamp 60,000 vehicles a year, according to documents seen by The Irish Times . A letter sent by the company to staff claims the council has threatened to pay less for the service if the targets are not met by clamping company Dublin Street Parking Services. The company has sought to change the way it pays its staff to reach the targets set by the council. It employs up to 50 staff involved in clamping and towing at any one time.
    If 60,000 Dublin vehicles are clamped this year, the company has offered to pay staff a bonus of €2,000 each. If overall targets are not met, only individual clampers who manage to clamp 2,800 vehicles in a year will be rewarded. For staff involved in towing vehicles instead of clamping the target is 1,467 relocations or removals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

In fairness, it does fall under criminal damage. Still, it's amusing to see certain people whipping themselves into a furore here. :pac:

Advertisement