Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting off a Clamp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

WikiHow wrote: »
    How do you undo the wheel nuts?

With most clamps once the tyre is deflated and the car is jacked up then the clamp will just fall off . I have saw so many people in DKIT do it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

WikiHow wrote: »
    How do you undo the wheel nuts?

The clamp is now loose - a wrench will pass behind to open them. But why bother? Pumping tyre, etc etc. Effort. Chains are soft..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

With most clamps once the tyre is deflated and the car is jacked up then the clamp will just fall off . I have saw so many people in DKIT do it .

Did you bring that money saving ruse from Cavan to De Townnn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Did you bring that money saving ruse from Cavan to De Townnn?

The good news is I only live in Cavan but not from here . I was born and raised in north inner city Dublin . I only live here because of cheap housing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

i removed a clamp from my car in the past , replaced the padlock i damaged in a local hardware shop and left it beside the clamp , never heard anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

job seeker wrote: »
    If I came to your car and clamped it, Ordered you to pay 150 for the "removal fee". would you pay it?

Do you own the land and set the rules that were then broken by the person that parked?

If you owned a business and had a car park but it was near a handy bus stop so it filled up every morning meaning you or your customers couldn't park there, is that ok? Or if you charge for parking and people just say **** it and don't bother? is it just tough for you? You own the land but cant have it used the way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oranage2 wrote: »

The law also says that you can't immobize a vehicle. But causing damage to the clamp is a crime.

Define immobilise a vehicle. If you own a car park that shuts at 9 and someone doesn't want to bother coming back till 10, do you have to stay open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Mr.S wrote: »
    How much do clamps cost? Buy 4 on the cheap and put them on whenever you leave your car :pac: free parking for life!

lol 120 for free parking for life http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-WHEEL-CLAMP-KEY-LOCK-CAR-VAN-TRAILER-CARAVAN-SECURITY-/111230754561?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item19e5de9f01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭geckovision

I bet the OP has never did a single thing wrong in their life though, so its ok.

Hmmm. I'm willing the bet the OP is the type to bend over take whatever rules are shoved at them.

OP, you clearly felt aggrieved at having had to pay a clamping fine before and you simply didn't want someone to get away with it because you didn't.

Sad. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mr.S wrote: »
    How much do clamps cost? Buy 4 on the cheap and put them on whenever you leave your car :pac: free parking for life!

This is the perfect idea for the OP. He should clamp anyone who parks in the space he has to pay for. And negotiate a release fee whenever they turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Wilfork wrote: »
    I'm not normally a busy body, but it just pissed me off for some reason. Partly because it was parked outside my house and the racket was disturbing my study.

Disturbing your day on boards more like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Pfff Removed a few clamps in the past..

Then they changed over to what's known as the "Boot Clamp"

Haven't figured out a way of removing it without destroying it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tzardine wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would love to be a clamper for a day ?

Me too. I'd be the laziest fcucker ever to don a high viz jacket. Unless I had opportunity to immobilize other clampers cars while they were out and about being pricks.

I'd be extra conscientious then. Superduper strength locks. Two on each clamp. Four clamps on each car. Solder dripped into each lock. Buttermilk through the vents on the bonnet. Bananas up the exhaust pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

>OP

There are two words to describe how you behaved: Petulant and Pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yep. I saw them put it on

No you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

ITT: people who think the law is fine to ignore if it's inconvenient to their parking

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wilfork

No you didn't.

Like you know. It's outside my window

• Advertisement

Like you know. It's outside my window

First off I don't believe your story, I think you're spoofing.. Secondly IF you seen the DCC clamping how did you know who it was?.. Because DCC contract the work out to Dublin Street Parking Services, it says so all over their vehicles.

First off I don't believe your story, I think you're spoofing.. Secondly IF you seen the DCC clamping how did you know who it was?.. Because DCC contract the work out to Dublin Street Parking Services, it says so all over their vehicles.

You think I'm spoofing? You think I made up a story just for the craic do you? God, that is ridiculous. What exactly don't you believe?

Yeah Dublin Street Parking Services are the agent of Dublin City Council. Whats the problem with that?

You think I'm spoofing? You think I made up a story just for the craic do you?

Yes thats exactly what I, and I'm sure many others here suspect.. You're spoofing.. And I don't waste my time with you, g'day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I just reported a car owner who was attempting to remove a clamp from his car by cutting and hammering it.

I'm not normally a busy body, but it just pissed me off for some reason. Partly because it was parked outside my house and the racket was disturbing my study. Partly because the distain and blatant 'fúck you' to law abiding citizens irritated me. Nobody likes being clamped. I've been clamped. But I took my medicine, paid the fee and moved on with my life.

What do you think?
    who cares? this is a law one is entitled to break, or at least not to bother about when it is broken, should have left them at it

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Yes thats exactly what I, and I'm sure many others here suspect.. You're spoofing.. And I don't waste my time with you, g'day.

Bye bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I'm not normally a busy body

I doubt that.

Spot on. Folly the rules or be clamped. What's the problem? All this ****e about private clamping not being legal - don't park there if you don't agree with the rules. Simples.
    or cut off the clamp if its owned by a private company, frankly only the council and employed council staff should be able to clamp if its to happen, its a form of law enforcement after all so should be controled by the state

Well first the NOISE was affecting my life.

More importantly, I have to pay €50 odd per year for the privilege of parking outside my house. So I think I feel justifiably aggrieved that other people with no respect for the rules think they are somehow more entitled than I am
    and? so what? stinks of "i have to do this so nobody else can get around it even though really it doesn't effect me or its none of my business what they do"

and? so what? stinks of "i have to do this so nobody else can get around it even though really it doesn't effect me or its none of my business what they do"

So why don't we abandon parking rules altogether then and park wherever we want. Presumably all the people on here saying it is wrong to clamp people who park illegally wouldn't have a problem with parking in disabled spaces for instance. Parking otherwise illegally is no different to parking in a disabled space without the proper permit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

What did the clampers do when they came to collect the clamp? Just shrug their heads and toddle off with the broken clamp?

Advertisement