Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog is sick

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

lukesmom - Im so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

lukesmom so sorry to hear about little Rosie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

You have every right to be devastated, you did nothing wrong, you brought your dog to the vet, but in my opinion both vets failed miserably at helping Rosie. The first for a vague assumption of either poison or cancer and lack of adequate testing, and your own vet for not immediately attending to your dog when you needed to pay in installments. There are much better vets out there that are diligent, compassionate and most importantly don't refuse to see your dog if you're struggling to pay immediately for whatever reason.

+1 Shame on them. I would never go near a Vet again if they treated my dog like that. Our Vet does work for rescues so at least we know their heart is in the right place. Most Vets are better than this I hope.

So sorry Lukesmom, I know it's hard but her suffering is over. Give your son lots of hugs, it's very hard at that age x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

My eyes are red raw I must have cried a thousand tears. Having to pick up her bowls and bed was heartbreaking. After her injection yesterday the vet was checking her heart and it took a while to stop beating :( My son found it hard to get to sleep but this morning hes more himself. Will never love another like Rosie but I will get another dog. We had 9 wonderful years with her and we have so much love to give to another pup.

Edit to say the vet suspected kidney failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

We only get to borrow them, it's not much comfort now but just remember that you gave a good dog a great life and you both got to bring each other lots of love and joy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement