Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling an eMobile Account due to bereavement

Options
  • 08-03-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am wondering if any Eircom representatives would like to comment or offer any observations on the following situation. I have already sent an e-mail to customercare@eircom.ie with more information, but I just noticed this forum today.

My father passed passed away recently. He was an eMobile customer. My family needed to cancel his eMobile account. I rang eMobile customer service (Tel: 1800 690 000) and a representative informed me that I needed to present my father's death certificate at any eMobile store and the account would be cancelled without any difficulty.

When I visited an eMobile store with my father's death certificate and told an eMobile representative that I wished to cancel my father's account, I was informed that this could not be done and that the only way an account could be cancelled was by telephone. I stated that I had information from eMobile Customer Care saying that all I had to do was produce a copy of my father's death certificate at any eMobile store and the account could be cancelled. This information was not enough for the representative who insisted several times that I was incorrect and that the information from Customer Care was also incorrect. I felt like he was not prepared to listen to me and wanted me to leave the store.

I asked to see a manager and also for this representative to contact eMobile Customer Care to confirm how to cancel an account under these circumstances.

I approached the counter in the store and explained my situation to another eMobile staff member (who I assumed was the manager). He confirmed that I could cancel my father's account instore and he proceeded to do so in an efficient and friendly manner without any difficulty.

The other representative who I had initially dealt with was also at the counter with the manager and observed the procedure. At no stage did he offer any apology or explanation for his attitude towards me.

When I left the store I felt that I had been treated badly and that my reason for visiting was not taken seriously and because I was not purchasing anything I was not wanted in the store. Ironically, I was acting on information which I had obtained from eMobile Customer Care.

As I am sure you are aware, bereavement is a difficult time for a family and when a family member passes away there are arrangements regarding the deceased's affairs which have to be made. Bad customer service and incorrect information only adds to stress that family members may be under as a result of the loss of a family member.

Also, if in future I need to set up a mobile phone account then it will definitely not be with eMobile as this experience has put me off dealing with Eircom unless they vastly improve their standards of customer service.

Thank you for your attention.
    Regards

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Bartel wrote: »
    I am wondering if any Eircom representatives would like to comment or offer any observations on the following situation.  I have already sent an e-mail to customercare@eircom.ie with more information, but I just noticed this forum today.

My father passed passed away recently.  He was an eMobile customer.  My family needed to cancel his eMobile account.  I rang eMobile customer service (Tel: 1800 690 000) and a representative informed me that I needed to present my father's death certificate at any eMobile store and the account would be cancelled without any difficulty.

When I visited an eMobile store with my father's death certificate and told an eMobile representative that I wished to cancel my father's account, I was informed that this could not be done and that the only way an account could be cancelled was by telephone.  I stated that I had information from eMobile Customer Care saying that all I had to do was produce a copy of my father's death certificate at any eMobile store and the account could be cancelled.  This information was not enough for the representative who insisted several times that I was incorrect and that the information from Customer Care was also incorrect.  I felt like he was not prepared to listen to me and wanted me to leave the store.

I asked to see a manager and also for this representative to contact eMobile Customer Care to confirm how to cancel an account under these circumstances.

I approached the counter in the store and explained my situation to another eMobile staff member (who I assumed was the manager).  He confirmed that I could cancel my father's account instore and he proceeded to do so in an efficient and friendly manner without any difficulty.

The other representative who I had initially dealt with was also at the counter with the manager and observed the procedure. At no stage did he offer any apology or explanation for his attitude towards me.

When I left the store I felt that I had been treated badly and that my reason for visiting was not taken seriously and because I was not purchasing anything I was not wanted in the store.  Ironically, I was acting on information which I had obtained from eMobile Customer Care.

As I am sure you are aware, bereavement is a difficult time for a family and when a family member passes away there are arrangements regarding the deceased's affairs which have to be made.  Bad customer service and incorrect information only adds to stress that family members may be under as a result of the loss of a family member.

Also, if in future I need to set up  a mobile phone account then it will definitely not be with eMobile as this experience has put me off dealing with Eircom unless they vastly improve their standards of customer service.

Thank you for your attention.
    Regards
    Hi Bartel,

Firstly please let me pass my condolences to you on the death of your father. I sincerely apologise the agent you initially spoke to in the store did not assist you with your request.

Could you PM me the name of the agent you were speaking to first and the store that you were in I will certainly get this investigated with the manager.

Grainne

Advertisement