Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost Of A New 2014 Truck

Options
  • 08-03-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey, I am currently doing a project on International Transport and looking for the price of a new 2014 truck e.g Scania Renault Volvo Mercedes. If you could, would you be able to let me know the price of the trucks mentioned above it would be great.

Thanks

Dean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Contact their distributors here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I would say 120k euro but obviously it's like asking how much a car costs they vary so much in price. You can have a single rear drive axle and double rear drive axle ie 4x2/ 6x2. That figure would be a guess for a tractor unit ie artic not a rigid they'd be different prices again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hatty444

Contact their distributors here in Ireland.

The Problem with that is that 90% of the time you get no reply.

I would say 120k euro but obviously it's like asking how much a car costs they vary so much in price. You can have a single rear drive axle and double rear drive axle ie 4x2/ 6x2. That figure would be a guess for a tractor unit ie artic not a rigid they'd be different prices again.

Well lets say it is a Artic Scania R Series R-500 6x2

Have you any idea how much that would cost?

Thanks

Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've seen a lot of new Mercedes trucks lately and they are quite nice looking!

Mercedes-Benz_Trucks_Actros-640x370.jpg

• Advertisement

I've seen a lot of new Mercedes trucks lately and they are quite nice looking!

I think so too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

hatty444 wrote: »

Thanks

Dean

No to be honest I wouldn't have an exact cost just an educated guess really but for r500 6x2 I would imagine you'd be talking more than 120k euro. Sorry I can't be off more help to you. Hopefully someone will come along with a more exact figure.

Bpmull wrote: »
    No to be honest I wouldn't have an exact cost just an educated guess really but for r500 6x2 I would imagine you'd be talking more than 120k euro. Sorry I can't be off more help to you. Hopefully someone will come along with a more exact figure.

Thanks Anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

You'd be kicking off at 69k and heading upwards depending on millions of options, - manufacturer variations(eg premium brands, budget brands, mass market etc) axle configurations, engine sizes and horsepowers, transmissions, suspension type (there's loads) cab specs, paint, tyre type, shiny bits etc etc etc. Almost impossible to say really, but 69k would get you a boggo 4*2 low HP plain-vanilla tractor unit. Less if you are a bulk buyer, less to the point of €0.00 as it happens, kinda buy 100, get five free.

You'd be kicking off at 69k and heading upwards depending on millions of options, - manufacturer variations(eg premium brands, budget brands, mass market etc) axle configurations, engine sizes and horsepowers, transmissions, suspension type (there's loads) cab specs, paint, tyre type, shiny bits etc etc etc. Almost impossible to say really, but 69k would get you a boggo 4*2 low HP plain-vanilla tractor unit. Less if you are a bulk buyer, less to the point of €0.00 as it happens, kinda buy 100, get five free.

Thanks So your saying that the minimum price would be 69k. Would you be able to tell me your source as for the project you need to source all your information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

New Volvo FH16 starts around 76,000 for a pretty basic unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Maybe contact a haulage company slightly ot but saw 2 141 Volvo tractor units in bandon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

The Mercedes Actors tractor units start at about 70k, a decent spec one will cost in the region of 85-90k and a top spec will be over 100k. Unlike cars there is a serious amount of models and specs when buying a tractor unit.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

141 topline scania R560 opticruse is 119 k well thats what ours cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Father in law bought a new FH 16 for 96k there in January. Beautiful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Always been a Volvo truck man as father drove them all his life. FL, FM, F10 etc always love fh16 globetrotter xl. Used love sitting in New ones in McCarthy commercials in cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

8x4 Volvo fm9 costs in the region of 100k for chassis and cab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Thanks

Dean

From what I understand in the Uk - the Scania has a reputation (as a brand) for having a VERY high list price relative to its competitors.

Daf 105 XF 510 or the Iveco Stralis and Volvo FHs with around the 500/520 mark would be better examples to use.

One thing you could do - is try to get talking to a distributer - and explain over the phone or in person what you are looking to do (im assuming when you say project you mean a school/uni project or other course work).

You MAY get a better reply from talking to someone directly rather then emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Father in law bought a new FH 16 for 96k there in January. Beautiful machine.

In Ireland - sounds good if so - given that the FH 16 is the top of the range.

Even if its only the 580 - or whatever the lower powered FH 16 is (I can't think of the top of my head) - its still good

Was it one of the last of the old model???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Old diesel wrote: »
    In Ireland - sounds good if so - given that the FH 16 is the top of the range.

Even if its only the 580 - or whatever the lower powered FH 16 is (I can't think of the top of my head) - its still good

Was it one of the last of the old model???

Only saw this now. No it's the new one, traded in an 06 fh16? against it. Not too well up on my lorries but will post back when I see it next(could be a while...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

would you not just get an Octavia and a towbar?

Thanks So your saying that the minimum price would be 69k. Would you be able to tell me your source as for the project you need to source all your information.

Your source in this case would be "S.Murphy, Boards, 2014". Not very well recognised in academic circles though, I'm afraid.. my source would be "Mick, over breakfast, Kildare" who just bought three Dafs, again, I wouldn't quote that as Mick knows every angle going and can be a bit dodgy . Also he wouldn't let the left hand know what the right hand was doing so it could have been lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

BMJD wrote: »
    would you not just get an Octavia and a towbar?

No need for towbar, the boot is big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

hi5 wrote: »

Lots of lee-way there for straight deals, but a good site to quote for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Lots of lee-way there for straight deals, but a good site to quote for the OP.

The only problem with buying from the continent us delivery etc as can't be driven over without plates but bigger is Irish main stealers usednt honour warranty on trucks not bought from them. That was 2006 anyways.

Advertisement