Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Out Since Febuary 6th

Options
  • 08-03-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Story So Far
    * Our Telephone line has been down since 6th Febuary before the storm hit our area
    * Logged the fault on Febuary 6th
    * After the storm all houses on our road now have no phone or broadband
    * The Storm Ripped 1 line off the pole and left a tree resting on another line
    * Eircom came out and cleared up the downed line around the 17th Febuary
    * On Monday the 3rd of March Eircom came out and confirmed it was a line break
    * The Day After I notice Another Line has been cut in half further down the road
    * The Tech Said to Tony that a few poles and the line needs to be replaced

So Here we are after a convoluted Month we are no closer to our line being fixed than on the 6th Of Febuary you can say all you want about the storm affecting many areas but literally nothing has been done except clearing the falling wire Is there any likelyhood of a fix in the near future?

My outstanding balance on eircom.net €148 which I assume Is my next bill which I an supposed to pay by March 20th, which should run from Jan 20th to March 20th, I have had service in this period for 17days and unless my line is fixed before then I dont know why I should pay it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Story So Far
    * Our Telephone line has been down since 6th Febuary before the storm hit our area
    * Logged the fault on Febuary 6th
    * After the storm all houses on our road now have no phone or broadband
    * The Storm Ripped 1 line off the pole and left a tree resting on another line
    * Eircom came out and cleared up the downed line around the 17th Febuary
    * On Monday the 3rd of March Eircom came out and confirmed it was a line break
    * The Day After I notice Another Line has been cut in half further down the road
    * The Tech Said to Tony that a few poles and the line needs to be replaced

So Here we are after a convoluted Month we are no closer to our line being fixed than on the 6th Of Febuary you can say all you want about the storm affecting many areas but literally nothing has been done except clearing the falling wire Is there any likelyhood of a fix in the near future?

My outstanding balance on eircom.net €148 which I assume Is my next bill which I an supposed to pay by March 20th, which should run from Jan 20th to March 20th, I have had service in this period for 17days and unless my line is fixed before then I dont know why I should pay it
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I was speaking to someone on Saturday, who was told by an Eircom contractor that there was a shortage of cable. The contractor was sent to put up poles, and when they asked where to pick up the cable, they were told there was none, to just go ahead and just put up the poles. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is consistent with your tale above; they have done some work that does not require replacing cable, and delayed replacing cable. I am in a similar position. A tree brought my line down. I cleared the fallen tree to make sure it did not delay the repair work. To date nobody had come to do anything.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If there really is a shortage of cable, then it is something that needs to be addressed by Government. We try to portray the country as digitally developed, yet this long after a storm we still cannot restore the infrastructure.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I really dont know whats going on at this stage you would imagine replacing cable would be a standard job even with a backlog of faults its over a month now and Eircom cannot gave a repair date they want there own customers to feel like it will never be fixed :(

Customer for over 20 years seriously thinking of leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

My Phone Line was finally fixed today thanks to all the reps on here who helped me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    My Phone Line was finally fixed today thanks to all the reps on here who helped me out
    Hi ussjtrunks

I'm really happy top hear this however apologies are in order for the delay and inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement