Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an SEO provider?

Options
  • 08-03-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm wondering would anyone have a recommendation for SEO services here? Preferably based in Dublin.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Stamply

Enhance.ie - worked with me from the ground up, set tasks and reported quarterly, very good service

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Boom 22

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JJ10

Primary Position are very good. They are based in Limerick but are very accessible tbh. Would prob be happy to meet in dublin if the job was big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9 D2 Acupuncture

If your website is built from wordpress there are some handy plug-ins that i found quite handy when doing my own. I got to first page after three months and once you're there the work load is lightened slightly.
    Seo yeost
    wordpress seo

Not a bad idea in the interim

Yes Yoast and Wordpress SEO are very useful plug-ins. Fantastic that you have made page 1. For which terms? It's always nice to see good sites and legit businesses perform in Google but I think you make this sound more simple than it is. Using those plug-ins will not be the only reason that you have ranked well. It is more likely that you have some local links and some from related sites like the afpa.

• Advertisement

Links are very important too but if you google your competitors name it will show all the places they have a listing, all you need to do is find the free ones. I don't think I paid any more than ten euro for am annual listing and probably only have about twenty max.
    It does take a bit of effort but will pay dividends in the future, my search term was "acupuncture Dublin" which was fairly competitive (I remember paying 1.26 per click, which was unsustainable). Not sure what your industry is like but I assume the same steps would apply.

"I don't think I paid any more than ten euro" straight away that's an issue to why businesses need experienced professionals to do SEO. You should never pay for listing links. If Google gets a sniff of that then your site could be given a penalty which would ruin your rankings

Its a registration fee to be listed on the site not technically for the link as the sites are industry specific listings.
    They are from well established sites so I saw no problem with it.

That's how it is phrased but Google still look at that type of operation as a paid link. Best thing you could do is to stay away from that kind of activity. Google are hitting sites left right and center these days. It's extremely risky.

Thanks for the advise, luckily it was a year ago so most of the subscriptions are over now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement