Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tt bikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭scuba05

Just curious.

What tt bike did he recommend and why?

Hi Daz. I don't doubt for a second that you have found the correct sizing for your tt fit by going a size down. Anyhow, I never said it was gospel that tt and road sizing are now the same. This was just one opinion I was given by a professional bike fitter.

I also mentioned that it'll be dependent upon level of flexibility, your leg and torso measurements and the frame manufacturer.

So only passing on what one fitter spoke about.

Anyways, its good to hear you're happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

scuba05 wrote: »
    Just curious.

What tt bike did he recommend and why?

I have long legs and short torso. Flexibilty isnt great, so a bike with a shorter reach and higher stack was recommended. So, I was looking at a Kuota kfactor, Ridley dean RS, a KTM and a Cube. I liked all of them and was pretty much going with the kuota, but a Specialized Shiv caught my eye :rolleyes:

There was a very good deal going on it at the time. Probably the least practical of the lot, but I love it and it ticked the bike fit boxes.

Good stuff. Glad it ticks the boxes for you. I also have similar torso-leg ratio and Like to think I'm flexible. I stand to be corrected!

Do you mind me asking where you got the deal on the specialized?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Love the shiv as well, very classy lookin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

This thread is useless without pics.... :):D:pac::pac::pac:

Good stuff. Glad it ticks the boxes for you. I also have similar torso-leg ratio and Like to think I'm flexible. I stand to be corrected!

Do you mind me asking where you got the deal on the specialized?

There were good deals going on 2013 models, they were available at most Specialized stockists including B2R and Bikehub.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Daz1214 wrote: »
    Love the shiv as well, very classy lookin

You must need glasses.

Horses for courses pal although the transition was a nicer lookin bike

This, however, is stunning!!!!
    2sblr8w.jpg

trinewbie wrote: »
    You must need glasses.

Someone's out of love with their own steed!

Good luck with the Canyon shopping!

• Advertisement

2sblr8w.jpg

Really?

Horses for courses indeed!
    Not a fan of the slanty style and awkward seatpost.

Yeah, love the look of that and the fuji d6...riding them on the other hand might be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

2sblr8w.jpg

Dont get me wrong, the Shiv is a deadly bike, I have ridden mine for the last 2years. Its very fast but Its as ugly as sin! (sry Fazz)..

Fazz - Yep out of love with the Shiv, time for a change methinks, Cayon ticking all the boxes right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Would the Shiv and the Canyon not be two very different fits? Shiv very tall and short, canyon long and low?

That Lappierre is Fugly as sin

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

StaggerLee wrote: »
    I have long legs and short torso. Flexibilty isnt great, so a bike with a shorter reach and higher stack was recommended. So, I was looking at a Kuota kfactor, Ridley dean RS, a KTM and a Cube. I liked all of them and was pretty much going with the kuota, but a Specialized Shiv caught my eye :rolleyes:

Shiv deal caught my eye too!

Ok. Seeing as I started this debacle, I may as well finish it.

I took the plunge and bought a Felt B12. It was down to the B12 or, a 2013 P2. Unfortunately, the last remaining size 54 P2 was a bit on the small side. I definitely felt a bit squashed on it.

So Rob in Wheelworx put me on a 56 B12. Straight away, It was definitely a better fit, with a much superior groupset (dura ace), and €500 cheaper. So, even though its the 2012 frame, I'm satisfied I've made a sound buy.

So looking forward to ripping the tar on a few of the Olympic courses this season. Thanks again for the advice from everyone who contributed.

I took the plunge and bought a Felt B12. It was down to the B12 or, a 2013 P2. Unfortunately, the last remaining size 54 P2 was a bit on the small side. I definitely felt a bit squashed on it.

So Rob in Wheelworx put me on a 56 B12. Straight away, It was definitely a better fit, with a much superior groupset (dura ace), and €500 cheaper. So, even though its the 2012 frame, I'm satisfied I've made a sound buy.

So looking forward to ripping the tar on a few of the Olympic courses this season. Thanks again for the advice from everyone who contributed.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Looks great, its all about the legs. :)

My legs look great too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Can anyone recommend a good TT bike fitting service in Dublin?
    I've heard Richies Bikes in Swords do it, has anybody ever tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

PWEI wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good TT bike fitting service in Dublin?
    I've heard Richies Bikes in Swords do it, has anybody ever tried them?

TT fitting != tri fitting.

tunney wrote: »
    TT fitting != tri fitting.

Tri bike fit then. Can anybody recommend one.

PWEI wrote: »
    Tri bike fit then. Can anybody recommend one.

Not aware of any where that consistently dies good fits.

Frank, who does the bike fit in Richies is excellent.

As is Ian at cyclefit ireland https://www.facebook.com/cyclefit.ireland
    who is a seasoned triathlete himself. Northside based also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

got one done off Frank as well. was happy with it. he did my road bike too based on the work he had done with me on the TT set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with Frank in Richies.

Was going to go with Base2race but they never replied to my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

I got a B12 a few months back, Been out a few times now that the evenings a bright, I've noticed that is scary on descents, scary as in all it wants to do is go into a speed wobble..!!
    Is this just me or has anyone else had the same experience..?

• Advertisement

I got a B12 a few months back, Been out a few times now that the evenings a bright, I've noticed that is scary on descents, scary as in all it wants to do is go into a speed wobble..!!
    Is this just me or has anyone else had the same experience..?

Not to sugar coat it but yes, yes it is you.

What is happening is you are getting nervous, tensing up a little and this makes the handling a little worse which makes you a little more nervous which makes you a little more tense.......

Whatever happens just relax as much as you can.

Advertisement