Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vasectomy Reversal or icsi tesa???

Options
  • 08-03-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

My husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago that he deeply regrets. I never wanted him to get it done & at the time he had just lost his job & was suffering with depression as a result & was terrified of the costs of another baby if i got pregnant. He soon realised his mistake but it seems its not as easy to fix (in ireland anyway).
    His gp referred him to urologist (2 years before he is even seen).
    He can get microsurgery reversal in uk for 4000 euro.
    We have a history of fertility issues. Took 6 years to conceive 1st son & 2 yrs for 2nd son. We are both 34 now & I have pcos which I am trying to help now with what i eat etc.
    We could do icis with tesa here but it would cost more than the reversal, in saying that we have a bit of time on our hands yet. We could only afford 1 round of icsi at the moment so reversal seems to make more sense.
    Has anyone been in this situation? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh that's a very tough one. I have no experience of reversals or male fertility issues but I am an icsi veteran. Obviously with icsi you only get one shot at it for all that money, while with a reversal he could potentially get his full fertility back. You could then work on your other issues in your own time. Good luck.

Advertisement