Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-fuel Insert boiler Stove - Help/Advice Needed

Options
  • 08-03-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I really need some advice. I'm just embarking on a new build and I have to decide on my stove so that the correct dimensions are left for the chimney. I was hoping to purchase a multi-fuel insert stove that is flush with the wall. I would like a good Kw output to the room and there are about 16 - 18 radiators to benefit from it. I'm finding it really hard to locate what I am looking for. Today I drove a long journey to a shop that sells insert stoves from Poland. They have one that is 30Kw output called Hestia, Zuz of 10 to the room and 20 to the rads. It looks nice with a large glass front. Does anyone know about these? Or where I can also look for a suitable stove that is also aesthetically pleasing? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hot rod

r u not zoning your house

r u not zoning your heating

• Registered Users Posts: 8 buck55

I am using three zones but I want the stove to be sufficient to heat all over if needed. I only have oil as my other option which is too expensive so need a very efficient boiler stove - would just like to also purchase a neat looking flush with the wall stove too when I'm at it, if it's possible to find one!

buck55 wrote: »
    I am using three zones but I want the stove to be sufficient to heat all over if needed. I only have oil as my other option which is too expensive so need a very efficient boiler stove - would just like to also purchase a neat looking flush with the wall stove too when I'm at it, if it's possible to find one!
    Yes u can get one to do your job, the big question is were are u getting your fuel to run such a large stove to heat that amount off water, be prepared to load very often

What would you recommend? & where can I get one? I have access to a lot of fuel, particularly wood & turf, but I would also like option to use coal if needed

• Advertisement

hot rod wrote: »
    Yes u can get one to do your job, the big question is were are u getting your fuel to run such a large stove to heat that amount off water, be prepared to load very often

I have a wood burner with no ash pan no riddling grate. Just cast iron bottom plate. This leaves the stove so easy to clean out And guess what I burn coal in it all the time. Remember buy cheap you get cheap and also be prepared to have to replace as the cheap models are made from Thin steel and they are nowhere near efficient. Do u have a budget in mined

hot rod wrote: »
    I have a wood burner with no ash pan no riddling grate. Just cast iron bottom plate. This leaves the stove so easy to clean out And guess what I burn coal in it all the time. Remember buy cheap you get cheap and also be prepared to have to replace as the cheap models are made from Thin steel and they are nowhere near efficient. Do u have a budget in mined

Are you a stockist? I'm willing to pay well if I get what I'm looking for I was just looking for some names and stockists, money is not the issue but I'm not willing to pay for something that looks great & doesn't work properly so as I've said I'd like a multi fuel insert stove connects to boiler & a high kw output any suggestions?

buck55 wrote: »
    Are you a stockist? I'm willing to pay well if I get what I'm looking for I was just looking for some names and stockists, money is not the issue but I'm not willing to pay for something that looks great & doesn't work properly so as I've said I'd like a multi fuel insert stove connects to boiler & a high kw output any suggestions?
    Will come back to tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 2 janmolbye

Hi buck55/hotrod,

Any update on this ?
    I too have the same requirements and am looking for a solution from my new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Hi Guys,

We have just completed this process.

We wanted a boiler inset multifuel stove.

We chose this one:

http://www.henleystoves.com/fires/oxford-7kw-7/the-faro-570-18kw-boiler

We are burning both dry wood & smokeless coal.

We are very happy with the style & the boiler performance.

I have no connection to the supplier - just a happy customer

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tanka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

tanka006 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

We have just completed this process.

We wanted a boiler inset multifuel stove.

We chose this one:

http://www.henleystoves.com/fires/oxford-7kw-7/the-faro-570-18kw-boiler

We are burning both dry wood & smokeless coal.

We are very happy with the style & the boiler performance.

I have no connection to the supplier - just a happy customer

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tanka

Very interested in the new Faro boiler range but haven't got much feedback. What do you think? Have a pic of the finished install to show?

Hi therealmccoy,

We have the 18KW version plenty of heat to the radiators & the room is very comfortable - not too hot!

Here is a pic as requested.

Only problem we are experiencing is the blackness on the glass - but we are only learning / experimenting!

Good luck

Tanka

• Registered Users Posts: 2 janmolbye

Hi Tanka006,

Do you have a double sided with back boiler version ?

Hi janmolbye,

No we only have single sider.

I forgot to mention - double check that you have the depth for this stove!

it is really deep

Tanka

Advertisement