Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child vanished then reappeared

Options
  • 08-03-2014 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Could she have went to the bathroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

It sounds like you can't rule it out. Might be the most logical conclusion. Kids can fall back asleep VERY quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

jeepers101 wrote: »
    It sounds like you can't rule it out. Might be the most logical conclusion. Kids can fall back asleep VERY quickly.

True, my daughter and son are able to get up during the night, climb 6 stairs to the bathroom, go to the toilet and back to bed, all while still in a sleepy trance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

• Advertisement

sara1 wrote: »

She'll never stop surprising you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

sara1 wrote: »
    Ya maybe that's what happened so, it's just so unlike her to do that. Also there was nothing disturbed in the bathroom as far as I remember, but maybe I just didn't pay too much attention to it

I wouldn't read too much into it, your child is safe and doesn't remember anything. You have to remember in moments of panic our minds play very big tricks on us, we can do, say and check things and when you finally relax and calm down you yourself can sometimes forget what you did or checked while in that moment of a panicked state.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

One time we went looking for my little brother all over the house, then the garden, then the village. I don't know what made me check his room a second time - he was under a huge pile of blankets the whole time. These things do happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Are you sure you didnt nod off and dream the first half of the story and not realise because you were in such a panic.
    Tiredness can be a bit strange sometimes and do things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nicowa wrote: »
    One time we went looking for my little brother all over the house, then the garden, then the village. I don't know what made me check his room a second time - he was under a huge pile of blankets the whole time. These things do happen!

Apparently the same thing happened with me when I was little. Everyone was in a panic and I had decided to put myself to bed for one reason or another and the covers were in a bit of a heap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you pull back the covers? Could she have just been under them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My middle child did similar to me , she had moved to the floor in my bedroom and made herself a little nest . I nearly had heart failure .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sleep deprivation does very odd things! I also find time is funny, sometimes I'd think it only takes x mins to do something but it's actually taken much more or less than I'd have estimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

No advice but that must have been so scary for you xx

Advertisement