Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customers

Options
  • 08-03-2014 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I understand Eircom have been trying to repair lines because of the storms which were almost a month ago now but I'm not sure if they understood that there are new customers trying to give you their money but you're completely forgetting about them. I ordered eFibre weeks ago in Tralee and the storm damage here wasn't half as bad as other parts of the country and I'm yet to have it installed. Not even a phone call to tell me when it will be installed and for some reason nobody knows when it will be installed when I called or asked about it on here. I also notice that I'm not the only one with this problem, i've seen 3 others ask the same exact question on here in the past week and I'm sure there are many more. 

A little bit of advice, you are turning away new customers that want your services to arse around trying to fix lines that have been down for almost a month. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

As someone else who is waiting for an install date, I do not mind waiting. We have just had some of the worst sustained gales I can ever remember in this country. Eircom have their staff deployed as best they can to repair storm damage & are still doing so. Remember a man lost his life fixing lines a few weeks ago in west Cork. That put everything into perspective for me at least.
    All too often we hear complaints about companies putting new customers first, I assume Eircom are rightly prioritising their existing customers who are still without service before new connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭cathalomurchu

ffocused wrote: »
    As someone else who is waiting for an install date, I do not mind waiting. We have just had some of the worst sustained gales I can ever remember in this country. Eircom have their staff deployed as best they can to repair storm damage & are still doing so. Remember a man lost his life fixing lines a few weeks ago in west Cork. That put everything into perspective for me at least.
    All too often we hear complaints about companies putting new customers first, I assume Eircom are rightly prioritising their existing customers who are still without service before new connections.
    As far as I'm aware, they've already fixed most, if not all of the lines in my area. I know of nobody who is still without internet. I live right next to their offices, 2 lads could literally walk over and install it.

I waited to order because, obviously there would be delays because of storm damage etc. but not after a month. It just doesn't make sense to have all of your staff still fixing lines instead of even having a small number of them actually installing eFibre into homes. It isn't like they can't do it because lines here are down. They are working like normal. I also ordered back in November and after waiting for 5 weeks and multiple phones calls later I was told that I had never even ordered it. It's just annoying because this is my second time going through what should be painless but is more of an ordeal.

Advertisement