Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP needed to build a amplifier for my house

• 08-03-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. Im looking to build a 7.1 home cinema system amplifier.

I need a list of what I need please. I havent a clue on what iv to search for to find them

Any help would be great full.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For starters you need an amplifier with multiple HDMI ports, this is known as an 'AV Receiver'. For a 7.2 (not 7.1) system you will be buying one in the mid to high part of the price spectrum so there will probably be more than enough HDMI ports.

You then connect everything to the receiver and you're laughing! All modern TVs and DVD/Blu-Ray players have HDMI ports and you can also connect up an Apple TV, UPC/Sky digital TV box, PS3, xBox etc..

You asked over in the HE General forum about converting your existing system - you cannot do this if your current amp has no HDMI ports, you'll have to buy a new receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simo14

Hi. Thanks. As iv not much money. Would it be possible to build my own if I got the parts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have the knowledge and technical ability to build your own amplifier, I doubt if you'd be asking that question in an internet forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Advertisement