Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question

Options
  • 09-03-2014 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all,I downloaded the latest version of ADT and tried the classic 'Hello World' first app. When I try to run it, it wont load my app. Its like its loading a default template for an android app. There are a few controls on the right and a blank, black screen on the left.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gerarda

gerarda wrote: »
    Hi all,I downloaded the latest version of ADT and tried the classic 'Hello World' first app. When I try to run it, it wont load my app. Its like its loading a default template for an android app. There are a few controls on the right and a blank, black screen on the left.

Thanks for your help!

Is there further configuration I need to do? Also, ADT is eating memory when u try to run the emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

gerarda wrote: »
    Is there further configuration I need to do? Also, ADT is eating memory when u try to run the emulator.
    Wait for the emulator to load. It could take up to 20mins depending on your computer.

Or run it on your own phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gerarda

Thanks, PC is a ten year old Dell!

Advertisement