Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docks?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on at the Docks?

RNLI launched at 11:47pm. (http://rnli.org/findmynearest/station/Pages/Galway-Lifeboat-Station.aspx)

Lots of blue lights down near Dun Aengus around 12:30 (maybe earlier too, that's just when we came back town). And it looked like more over in Renmore too.

Chopper turned up maybe 1/2 an hour ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Anyone know what's going on at the Docks?

RNLI launched at 11:47pm. (http://rnli.org/findmynearest/station/Pages/Galway-Lifeboat-Station.aspx)

Lots of blue lights down near Dun Aengus around 12:30 (maybe earlier too, that's just when we came back town). And it looked like more over in Renmore too.

Chopper turned up maybe 1/2 an hour ago.

I'm sure now that if you put two and two together you'd have an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

D Trent wrote: »
    I'm sure now that if you put two and two together you'd have an idea

Attitude problem

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

the russians are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Attitude problem

To be fair I doubt they're down there searching for a shopping trolley.

FWIW I hope it all turned out for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

To be fair I doubt they're down there searching for a shopping trolley.

FWIW I hope it all turned out for the best.

Ya, but it seemed unusual to have the chopper turn up so much later than the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Helicopter out again for the last 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

A young man from the city fell into water last night

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Just saw the SAR chopper passing overhead there 30mins ago. I'm in Kilcolgan so I guess the search has been called off, hopefully due to a positive outcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The body of another person has been found in the search for the guy last night
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/body-of-man-in-his-20s-found-on-galway-coastline-30076547.html
    :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

snubbleste wrote: »
    The body of another person has been found in the search for the guy last night
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/body-of-man-in-his-20s-found-on-galway-coastline-30076547.html
    :mad: :mad:
    Terrible...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

<no speculations, thanks>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Another ghoulish thread. Happy now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 The Omega Man

This thread is a disgrace and needs to be deleted. Is there any respect left?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread has not named anyone, only reported what can be read officially and the only speculation was removed. I don't see anything wrong with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

This thread is a disgrace and needs to be deleted. Is there any respect left?

There is nothing wrong with this thread, everything posted here is on RTE, Galway Bay FM, and Breaking News.ie so not sure what your problem is in fact when some one is missing the posting of threads like this can be a help in locating a missing person.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Another ghoulish thread. Happy now?

Happy? Ahh, no, i don't think theres ever anything to be happy about in these situations.

But there is a certain public interest when hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people are woken at 1am. Those without line of sight to the harbour may not even realise that it's the rescue chopper and not the guards, and may become more forgiving when they see some details.

biko wrote: »
    Thread has not named anyone, only reported what can be read officially and the only speculation was removed. I don't see anything wrong with it so far.

Every time there is a helicopter in the air around Galway, these threads pop up with the feigned "Oh I hope everything is alright, I hope it isn't someone I know". In my opinion it's ghoulish stimulation.

Let the authorities deal with it and report it via normal mediums (if it is any of our business).

The last thread is here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88911204) in mid February and I don't buy this from Mrs Bumble;
    No, more a sense of dread. As in "oh no, who is it this time".

At one stage a while ago, Mr O'B knew 2-3 in a row :-(

and this?
    But there is a certain public interest when hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people are woken at 1am.

Public interest or ghoulish gossip?

I find it completely distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Every time there is a helicopter in the air around Galway, these threads pop up with the feigned "Oh I hope everything is alright, I hope it isn't someone I know". In my opinion it's ghoulish stimulation.

Let the authorities deal with it and report it via normal mediums (if it is any of our business).

The last thread is here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88911204) in mid February and I don't buy this from Mrs Bumble;

and this?

Public interest or ghoulish gossip?

I find it completely distasteful.

Ignore it then, youre not asked by anyone to read these threads. Is it only positive threads that should be started in here, nothing negative allowed? News is news, good or bad. If you dont like it then dont read it, very simple really.

Ignore it then, youre not asked by anyone to read these threads. Is it only positive threads that should be started in here, nothing negative allowed? News is news, good or bad. If you dont like it then dont read it, very simple really.

It was entitled "Docks?".

Maybe rename these types of ghoulish threads to "Helicopter searching for some poor unfortunate, lets pray we find him/her and hope its not someone we know..."

News is news? Give me a break.

It was entitled "Docks?".

Maybe rename these types of ghoulish threads to "Helicopter searching for some poor unfortunate, lets pray we find him/her and hope its not someone we know..."

News is news? Give me a break.

You said 'let the authorities report it', whats the difference?
    Its a perfectly respectful thread, as has already been stated. Like i said if you dont like it dont read it, theres the option to hover over the thread and see the content without delving in too far.

• Advertisement

You said 'let the authorities report it', whats the difference?
    Its a perfectly respectful thread, as has already been stated. Like i said if you dont like it dont read it, theres the option to hover over the thread and see the content without delving in too far.

Hover...yeah. Whatever floats your boat. I have made my point. Until the next time...

Hover...yeah. Whatever floats your boat. I have made my point. Until the next time...

When you read it and whinge again, makes sense. Whats it they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You do realise that not every helicopter we hear is the rescue one?

Sometimes it's guards looking for thugs or monitoring petrol-heads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You do realise that not every helicopter we hear is the rescue one?

Sometimes it's guards looking for thugs or monitoring petrol-heads etc.

Or Supermacs delivering my curry cheese chips... That cheese doesn't stay melted for long

Advertisement