Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podcast App!

• 09-03-2014 5:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

I have been using Apple products since the early 1990's. I currently have a MacBook, iPad and iPhone. iTunes and iOS are latest versions.

But I can't get in the groove with the podcast app. I don't know if it is me or Apple that is out of tune [pun intended].

I listen to a podcast, make sure it is marked as played - it shows up later as un-played; delete a played podcast and it pops up again.

Are there any tips or tricks to make this work like a normal Apple product?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

It's time to let it go.

Apple maybe have invented the podcast. But there app is not great. It's slowly getting better. I'd suggest downcast. It's a bit ugly. But lots of features. It can be synced to iCloud to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Where do you listen to your podcasts?

iOS device — buy Castro or Network (both Irish made) or pocket casts (I use this for video podcasts as Castro - my main player - is audio only atm).
    iOS and OS X device — buy downcast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've bought and tried most of the major podcast apps and found Pocket Casts to be the best. Really well designed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've been using Apple's Podcast app for years now and never really had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I listen to and watch podcasts both in iTunes and on my iPod touch and it doesn't work well at all lately. It used to work fine but now it even syncs podcasts that are unchecked in iTunes. I am unsure if iTunes or Podcasts, or both, is to blame.

How hard can it be do do some testing and make sure basic functionality works properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Try instacast, best podcast app I have found to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Instacast has a Mac app if you like to listen at the desktop, but I could never get device syncing for me. I moved to Pocket Casts and it's been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Had some issues with encryption/passwords on Downcast so moved to RSSRadio. I find it ok but some basic functions like subscribing to a new show are ridiculously awkward.

Just tried Pocket Casts and it's the best so far.

Advertisement