Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection flights in the states!

Options
  • 09-03-2014 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I have only ever flown through the states once and that was last christmas. When I got Chicago we had to check back in to get our tickets of United airlines!

Im flying from Vancouver to New Orleans at the start of April and just wondering a few things:

1) on my connection flight do you need to check in again like above to get your ticket to New Orleans?
    2) Does there be much hassle with connecting flights in the states? Most flights im seeing are giving about 50min lay over time but surely thats not enough time to catch your next flight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    I have only ever flown through the states once and that was last christmas. When I got Chicago we had to check back in to get our tickets of United airlines!

Im flying from Vancouver to New Orleans at the start of April and just wondering a few things:

1) on my connection flight do you need to check in again like above to get your ticket to New Orleans?
    2) Does there be much hassle with connecting flights in the states? Most flights im seeing are giving about 50min lay over time but surely thats not enough time to catch your next flight?

You should be checked all the way through. Is it the same airline or codeshare?

I thought the same when connecting in Atlanta two years ago. I had 45 minutes from a Delta to a Delta. I made but didnt fanny about. I'm sure I would have been accommodated on the next flight if I missed it. Others will know more about this so dont take my word for it but I think you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Can you not check in online and print your own boarding passes for all your outbound flights before leaving? If you can't there is normally a flight connections area isn't there where you can check in but don't need to go through security again?

I connected with the same airline through Philadelphia and it was just a case of walking from one terminal to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

McSween wrote: »
    You should be checked all the way through. Is it the same airline or codeshare?

I thought the same when connecting in Atlanta two years ago. I had 45 minutes from a Delta to a Delta. I made but didnt fanny about. I'm sure I would have been accommodated on the next flight if I missed it. Others will know more about this so dont take my word for it but I think you'll be ok.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Can you not check in online and print your own boarding passes for all your outbound flights before leaving? If you can't there is normally a flight connections area isn't there where you can check in but don't need to go through security again?

I connected with the same airline through Philadelphia and it was just a case of walking from one terminal to another.

Haven't booked it yet, but shall inside next 48 hours! Want to try and get same airline the whole way there!
    Wudnt mind checking in again, just the security I dont want to go through again! Every time I go through I always get selected at "random" for a body search :mad:.

Thanks for the advice folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

YOu're in Vancouver and you're flying to NO?

Thats an international flight so presumably you have to go through US Immigration and Customs somewhere. DO they do that in Van before you leave?

Otherwise if you have stop in the USA before reaching NO, then it is possible you may have to retrieve your cases and go through customs and then check them in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

InTheTrees wrote: »
    YOu're in Vancouver and you're flying to NO?

Thats an international flight so presumably you have to go through US Immigration and Customs somewhere. DO they do that in Van before you leave?

Otherwise if you have stop in the USA before reaching NO, then it is possible you may have to retrieve your cases and go through customs and then check them in again.

Yea im pretty sure theres US customs in Vancouver so only thats no so bad! Managed to find good flights through Phoenix and Houston which good stop over times! Cheers folks for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement