Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fisher Price Jumperoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Is €110 the best price on jumperoos? (Amazon)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.mothercare.ie/fisher-price-rainforest-jumperoo.html 110 ,£84.94 on amazon.
    There are normally a few on adverts too but often with people asking stupid money for them.

We have one of the older baby einsteins ones and it was so handy when cooking or trying to drink a cup of tea:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    http://www.mothercare.ie/fisher-price-rainforest-jumperoo.html 110 ,£84.94 on amazon.
    There are normally a few on adverts too but often with people asking stupid money for them.

We have one of the older baby einsteins ones and it was so handy when cooking or trying to drink a cup of tea:)

Amazon is coming in at €110 when extra vat is added plus conversion :( I saw a few on adverts but they are €55-€70. I would prefer new at that price! Can the seat be washed?
    Does amazon price every go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Check out camelcamelcamel to see if the amazon price ever goes down: so handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Millem wrote: »
    Amazon is coming in at €110 when extra vat is added plus conversion :( I saw a few on adverts but they are €55-€70. I would prefer new at that price! Can the seat be washed?
    Does amazon price every go down?

I got mine on amazon about 8 months ago for €61. Was on special offer with free delivery!

• Advertisement

Drdoc wrote: »
    I got mine on amazon about 8 months ago for €61. Was on special offer with free delivery!

Brilliant just what I wanted to hear! I might hold out so! I got my baby bjorn bouncer for something like that amazing value!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Brilliant just what I wanted to hear! I might hold out so! I got my baby bjorn bouncer for something like that amazing value!

Just checked. It was last September and £49. Was the rainforest one. Couldn't believe how cheap I got it tbh!

Drdoc wrote: »
    Just checked. It was last September and £49. Was the rainforest one. Couldn't believe how cheap I got it tbh!

That is amazing well done you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I have enquirer about it and it is too awkward to put up and down everyday :( lady in the shop recommended the baby Einstein over jumperoo as it will last longer but doesn't bounce it spins 360 degrees? She also tells me he needs to be a good 4 months for jumperoo?

We got a Graco entertainer, one of those saucer yokes, second-hand as a gift from one of my cousins ... she said it's fine to be used from four months, but from what I've read, the baby needs to be able to sit up unsupported for at least a minute at a time before you should use any of those things ... he's 3.5 months now, and I can't see him sitting up on his own anytime soon!
    Seriously I thought the worry was over after the birth! Between tummy time/flat heads/watching tv/in car seats for more than an hour it never stops!

Haha it's so true! But sure our mammies probably knew a lot less back in the day, and yet we still (mostly!) turned out fine! :D

We got a Graco entertainer, one of those saucer yokes, second-hand as a gift from one of my cousins ... she said it's fine to be used from four months, but from what I've read, the baby needs to be able to sit up unsupported for at least a minute at a time before you should use any of those things ... he's 3.5 months now, and I can't see him sitting up on his own anytime soon!

Haha it's so true! But sure our mammies probably knew a lot less back in the day, and yet we still (mostly!) turned out fine! :D

He tries to sit up himself and can stay in sitting position unaided for a few seconds lol! Seriously I can't be dealing with the nonsense anymore you get conflicting advice everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

C was 8.5 almost 9 months before she could/would sit unaided for a minute! She was crawling climbing even climbing the stairs everything before she would just sit there! She walked at 10 months. She went in her Jumperoo at 3 months and loved it. Just use your own judgement on it I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

My baby is 8.5 months old now. She isn't crawling yet. I'm finding it hard to keep her busy as she doesn't love being on the floor sitting for too long. Would it be suitable for this age? She is 17 pound in weight now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

cyning wrote: »
    C was 8.5 almost 9 months before she could/would sit unaided for a minute! She was crawling climbing even climbing the stairs everything before she would just sit there! She walked at 10 months. She went in her Jumperoo at 3 months and loved it. Just use your own judgement on it I think

My fella is just coming on 3 months now and we have been putting him in his jumperoo for about 5 minutes each day since it arrived last week. He has good head control and has a sturdy core so after reading all the conflicting advice, I said feckit and just decided to try him out in it to see and he got on fine :) I agree with using your own judgement, if the baby isn't comfortable in it, it will be fairly obvious. Having said that, I wouldn't be leaving them alone in it or having them in it for too long at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Picked one up, practically brand new (only bought at Christmas) for €60!! :D delighted with myself....can't wait for it to arrive this week. They will have to take turns as our house just isn't big enough to have two...I know one will definitely love it so even if her sister doesn't it will at least get use from my twin 1. Shes mad to get her legs under her! I'm actually starting to feel a bit paniced now....shes got so much strength in her legs I reckon she'll be a little flyer...dreading when they're both milling around (and yet also can't wait to see yhem milling around!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

We got the jumperoo at the weekend for our little one who is 4 and half months - she loves it!! The look on her face when we put her into it was hilarious : ))) She is so proud of herself - her nana called to see her and she was totally showing off in it, looking up to see if nana was watching what she could do! Feeling proud of her myself : )))

Sligo1 if you haven't already bought your jumperoo amazon are doing 20% off lots of products for their baby event . If you are in amazon family you will get 25% off (with a promo code). http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-BFB22-Step-n-Play-Jumperoo/dp/B00HA0FDFK/ref=sr_1_8?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1400141214&sr=1-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks Millem, will have a look

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Thanks Millem, will have a look

We are getting a present of one! So happy days am now debating about whether on getting a Tripp trapp!! (Even though we already got a mamas and papas high chair but am trying to justify it by telling myself I can give that to a grandparents house!!)

Got our rainforest jumperoo today! Yay! Granny got it from Smyths for €95 on sale (thanks Millem for alerting us). Can't wait to set it up. She's 13 weeks now so will prob wait till she's around 4 months to put her in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

This is the best thing we ever bought for ours, knocks the jumperoo into a cocked hat, it's now the favorite toy of or 2nd, but our almost 3 year old is still trying to get into it any time his little sister is not already in it. :D

http://m.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Music-and-Dance/FisherPrice-Step-N-Play-Piano/0100952

8817005133854.jpg

We have the jumperoo as well, but it doesn't get nearly as much mileage.

• Advertisement

That looks deadly Vibe!

Just a word of caution re: the jumperoo. Both my girls LOVE it but one jumps much more vigourously than the other. A few days ago, despite being in her baby grow her littlest toes got all bashed - she was literally only in there max 5 mins and was still laughing and bouncing away but I just happened to notice something on the floor underneath. When I checked it was blood - even though her toe nails are short, with all the bouncing the nails had broken the skin. The cuts were actually tiny but bled loads for the size of them. So now she always has socks and booties on when shes in it - over her baby grow sometimes!! She protests a bit when I make her wear the booties but she quickly gets over it!! So just learn from my experience and make sure babs has socks and/or booties on when they loose the plot bouncing!

Just a word of caution re: the jumperoo. Both my girls LOVE it but one jumps much more vigourously than the other. A few days ago, despite being in her baby grow her littlest toes got all bashed - she was literally only in there max 5 mins and was still laughing and bouncing away but I just happened to notice something on the floor underneath. When I checked it was blood - even though her toe nails are short, with all the bouncing the nails had broken the skin. The cuts were actually tiny but bled loads for the size of them. So now she always has socks and booties on when shes in it - over her baby grow sometimes!! She protests a bit when I make her wear the booties but she quickly gets over it!! So just learn from my experience and make sure babs has socks and/or booties on when they loose the plot bouncing!

Poor wee pet. I hope she's ok.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Poor wee pet. I hope she's ok.

Ah shes grand, not a bother on her. She didn't even notice! It was poor Mammy that nearly died of fright when she saw the blood!

Aw just imagining your wee one having great craic then sore wee toes! :(. Will def put little booties on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

we fold up a fluffy blanket and put it under the jumperoo to give a bit of extra cushioning, seems to do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

This is down to £75 on amazon uk at the mo and I think its free delivery.
    Cheaper than the €126 argos are charging...

This is down to £75 on amazon uk at the mo and I think its free delivery.
    Cheaper than the €126 argos are charging...

Discover and grow one is €89.99 and rainforest is €94.99 in smyths right now. We have the discover and grow one. A friend has one of each for her twins and said honestly there is no real difference between them so I would go for the cheaper one.

http://www.toys.ie/FisherPrice-Discover-N-Grow-Jumperoo-!125548-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=70958f20-a2db-4824-94f8-f6fd312c6765

Discover and grow one is €89.99 and rainforest is €94.99 in smyths right now. We have the discover and grow one. A friend has one of each for her twins and said honestly there is no real difference between them so I would go for the cheaper one.

http://www.toys.ie/FisherPrice-Discover-N-Grow-Jumperoo-!125548-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=70958f20-a2db-4824-94f8-f6fd312c6765

Price goes back up to full price tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Price goes back up to full price tomorrow :(

You can order online

Advertisement