Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found what looks like dropping in Amber Leaf

• 09-03-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

As the title says. Got a pack of 25g Amber Leaf the other day. Teased out a bit of tobacco, about 5th smoke I was rolling. Noticed a small, dark, dropping shaped lump. It's not one of those usual stick things you get. It was hard but cI could crumble it. So I'm not a hundred percent sure if it's a rodent dropping or if it's something from the tobacco plant.

I don't find it too alarming that a dropping might be found in there, because I know the process of preparing the plant is open and a rodent would love the atmosphere in a tobacco facility.

What I do want to figure out is, is there any recourse? How can I find out for sure if it's a dropping before alerting the manufacturer? I don't want to pay hundreds to a lab to have it tested.

Any thoughts? Should I be seeking compensation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Arpa wrote: »
    ... I don't find it too alarming that a dropping might be found in there...
    Should I be seeking compensation?
    Compensation for what? You haven't been caused any significant damage, physical or psychological.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Ha if you are actually looking for compensation, have a quick look at this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donoghue_v_Stevenson . Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Whilst I didn't end up psychologically or physically damaged from my experience, it nevertheless remains there should not have been a rat sh*t in my tobacco.

Nevermind, I'll sort it out myself and try not to open a discussion about something curious on boards in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Write to the manufacturers and ask them not to mix the tobacco and the ratsh1t, to sell the latter separately in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Arpa wrote: »
    Whilst I didn't end up psychologically or physically damaged from my experience, it nevertheless remains there should not have been a rat sh*t in my tobacco.

Nevermind, I'll sort it out myself and try not to open a discussion about something curious on boards in future.

In fairness,if you'd omitted the line about seeking compensation in your OP you would have gotten some more varied and helpful answers. Instead it appears that your motivation is financial.

Honestly,you'd have to pay to get it tested yourself before going any further with it and this not being a legal forum is not the place to discuss the ins and outs of a potential lawsuit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement