Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car online - help

Options
  • 09-03-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Selling my car online.

Have it on donedeal.ie, Adverts.ie, autotrader.ie & Autotrader.ie. Have it it online for 10 days and not even a phone call or email.

Is the price too high? Would lowering the price help or should I just wait it out.

Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,306 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rubbish photos to be fair, spend a couple of minutes taking some decent ones. Price is too high, I'd be thinking around €9k.

Take the roof rack off
    Mention when the NCT is up
    Take photos of service history
    The MPH on the speedo indicates it is an import, perhaps mention this in the advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭96blsh

Thanks for the quick response. will go sort that out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

89bhp isn't a selling point. Neither is the towbar.

You need to wash and polish it, list the features, highlight the service history and any remaining manufacturers warranty.
    Pictures from all 8 exterior angles
    Don't hide the reg number either, people often like to do history checks before buying.

Don't be ashamed of it being a uk import. Highlight service history etc

There is a service history right?

I bumped them all up on friday in order to get them to the top of the search results for the weekend, that didn't even work! Would €9000 be what I should be putting it on at or should I put it on at €9500 to give a big of wiggle room?

96blsh wrote: »
    I bumped them all up on friday in order to get them to the top of the search results for the weekend, that didn't even work! Would €9000 be what I should be putting it on at or should I put it on at €9500 to give a big of wiggle room?

Sort out the ad and see what happens. Mileage is tiny but If I was in the market for it I'd be reluctant to call.
    Photo of the service book showing stamps would be a great idea in this case due to mileage.
    Also, stick it on carzone for €5. Donedeal and carzone the only 2 worth using tbh.

Price wise, it seems a little bit steep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Take proper pictures for a start. I always find taking pictures on a bright and sunny day works well. Make sure they are clear and the whole car can be seen. Spend a few quid on getting it cleaned and polished, or do it yourself. Also take out "seller" and put in your own first name. "Seller" reeks of dodgy dealer masquerading as a private seller or somebody who has something to hide.

Just having a look at the adds trying to find the "seller" part. Which add is this on?

Thanks for all the feedback is very helpful.

Just having a look at the adds trying to find the "seller" part. Which add is this on?

Thanks for all the feedback is very helpful.

Donedeal.

Send an email to seller

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Donedeal.

Send an email to seller

Think I have to put this add up again as I don't seem to be able to change this. My Name is what appears above the email information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Sounds very expensive.

I picked up an 07 one, 53,000km, leather interior, from a garage, so came with 6months warranty for €7,250 last year.

• Advertisement

Sounds very expensive.

I picked up an 07 one, 53,000km, leather interior, from a garage, so came with 6months warranty for €7,250 last year.

It has de chape tax though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Tell me about it. My other option at the time was an 08 ceed, around the €8k mark, which had circa 115k kms, but emissions based tax.

The "advice" I got about having made the wrong choice, resale value won't be as high etc etc!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ian87 wrote: »
    Take proper pictures for a start. I always find taking pictures on a bright and sunny day works well. Make sure they are clear and the whole car can be seen. Spend a few quid on getting it cleaned and polished, or do it yourself. Also take out "seller" and put in your own first name. "Seller" reeks of dodgy dealer masquerading as a private seller or somebody who has something to hide.
    Donedeal.

Send an email to seller
    Think I have to put this add up again as I don't seem to be able to change this. My Name is what appears above the email information.

Thanks.

that is the new standard for donedeal.

it states "seller" in all new ads but then lists your name below.

See here - http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-bmw-520d-msport-low-mileage/6574834
    Send an email to seller

But below :
    Ad posted by Vincent on March 08, 2014

Tax is €190 a year which is good, but would that have much effect on the selling price?

Cars got 35000 miles which I believe is low. It's an import from the UK as I used to live there.

Have car book in for a valet tomorrow and got roof bars off so making progress. Have got a new car already so just want to sell this one for a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Tax is €190 a year which is good, but would that have much effect on the selling price?
    In Ireland cheap tax is worth a lot in eyes of some people, so this is definitely an asset the car has.
    Cars got 35000 miles which I believe is low. It's an import from the UK as I used to live there.
    And while low mileage might be seen as good thing by some, in reality, 5 year old diesel car with only 35k miles might mean trouble. It strongly indicates it was used for short city runs mainly.

Have car book in for a valet tomorrow and got roof bars off so making progress. Have got a new car already so just want to sell this one for a fair price.
    All this might help, but in reality I assume price is the main factor.
    For price you are asking for it, I got 3.5 year old civic 2.2 diesel last year.
    Same price for 5 year old kia, might just be excessive.

How long has it been registered in Ireland?

How long has it been registered in Ireland?

Just over 12 months Feb 2013.

Just over 12 months Feb 2013.

Good stuff, you wouldn't have been able to sell it in Ireland for 12 months if you got the VRT exemption.

No harm in mentioning in the ad that you owned it in the uk and brought it over with you.

I think you should mention the extras on the car, don't those have cruise control, 6 speed gearbox etc?

What month was it first registered in the uk in?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Ad looks very good now OP. Car looks well. http://www.adverts.ie/car/kia/ceed/2009-kia-ceed-for-sale/4915068

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A waste of time up on adverts imo, you will just get silly offers of half your asking price or asked to swap for someone else's rubbish.

• Advertisement

Also have it on done deal and car zone.

bazz26 wrote: »
    A waste of time up on adverts imo, you will just get silly offers of half your asking price or asked to swap for someone else's rubbish.

After 5 months struggling to sell my car, eventually buyer who bought mine contacted me through adverts.
    And he also started with silly comments and questions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CiniO wrote: »
    After 5 months struggling to sell my car, eventually buyer who bought mine contacted me through adverts.
    And he also started with silly comments and questions there.

The exception rather than the rule though. Plenty of silly offers over there from people just looking to increase their post count, with absolutely no inkling of buying.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The exception rather than the rule though. Plenty of silly offers over there from people just looking to increase their post count, with absolutely no inkling of buying.

Possibly yes, but that's just generalising, which is quite pointless.

Fact that many people jest look there to put silly comments and increase their post count, doesn't mean that genuine buyer don't look there as well.
    When I'm shopping for a car (or something else) I look everywhere, and adverts looks like quite good place.

Same as I heard few times that all cars on advertised on donedeal are bangers so no point buying there. Nonsense.
    Some are, some are not.

I would recommend adding more detail in the ad. People are lazy and don't know much about specs etc

2009 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI Diesel

This is the ultra-economical ecodynamics model which has lower emissions, better fuel economy, and lower tax than a regular Cee'd.

€190 annual tax (taxed till June)
    NCT till November 2015
    KIA warranty till 2016
    Full KIA service history
    Low mileage for a 2009 car

I owned this car in the UK and brought it to Ireland with me. Bodywork and interior are in excellent condition. Car comes with both flip-keys.

Car comes loaded with spec including:

Bluetooth functionality with iPod connectivity
    USB and auxiliary socket
    Steering wheel mounted audio controls
    16 inch alloy wheels
    Front foglights
    Factory fitted alarm and double locking
    Cruise control
    6 speed gearbox
    Intelligent Stop&Go system
    Air conditioning
    Cooled glovebox
    Electric windows/mirrors
    Front, side and curtain airbags
    5 star NCAP rating
    Traction and stability control

This is a genuine low mileage diesel car with a full KIA service history and manufacturers warranty remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I would recommend adding more detail in the ad. People are lazy and don't know much about specs etc

2009 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI Diesel

This is the ultra-economical ecodynamics model which has lower emissions, better fuel economy, and lower tax than a regular Cee'd.

€190 annual tax (taxed till June)
    NCT till November 2015
    KIA warranty till 2016
    Full KIA service history
    Low mileage for a 2009 car

I owned this car in the UK and brought it to Ireland with me. Bodywork and interior are in excellent condition. Car comes with both flip-keys.

Car comes loaded with spec including:

Bluetooth functionality with iPod connectivity
    USB and auxiliary socket
    Steering wheel mounted audio controls
    16 inch alloy wheels
    Front foglights
    Factory fitted alarm and double locking
    Cruise control
    6 speed gearbox
    Intelligent Stop&Go system
    Air conditioning
    Cooled glovebox
    Electric windows/mirrors
    Front, side and curtain airbags
    5 star NCAP rating
    Traction and stability control

This is a genuine low mileage diesel car with a full KIA service history and manufacturers warranty remaining.

I'll take it :D:D:D

no not really, but that looks like a great way to word your ad.

Also have it on done deal and car zone.

I must say ad looks way better than it did initially.
    Good luck with a sale. Hopefully you'll find a buyer in reasonable time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

The ad looks very well OP. One thing though, you should add a photo of the back end into the Donedeal ad; it was one of the first things I noticed.

When I sell it I'll buy you all a beer! Thanks for all the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,306 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice work OP, anyone wanting one will be drawn to that, leave the price as is for now, the right person will come view and haggle if they want it.

Advertisement