Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Idea/ Partner/ Advice

Options
  • 09-03-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everybody,

I have a business idea that I think has the potential to become something quite big, I understand the concept of business and I am looking to do some sorta course to better educate myself in this field but I have a product I want to sell door to door; I want to go door to door and advertise the product with a flyer/business card, Then the customer would text me and I would deliver the product.

Do I have to register the business first?
    Is there any law against me handing out flyers to advertise the product?
    Do I have to register for tax before I earn a cent? I'd like to see what the feed back is before I go through the whole registering everything but is this against the law? I'm assuming it Is, but I'm just wondering?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Unless you're selling sky/broadband, cutting grass or cleaning windows, then I can't imagine you selling all that much going door to door. You need to be quite pushy (in the nicest way possible) going door to door to get a sale and you need to be able to complete the sale there and then, chances are what little interest you do get on the door step will evaporate quickly once they have to think it over and that text will never come.

What sort of product are you selling? What demographic is it aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smart_S

well I only plan on handing out a flyer door to door, with the product on it if people are interested they will message me, eh the product is home security based

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I live in a part of Dublin that gets hounded by leaflet drops and door-to-door salespeople. The most successful ones are the ones who knock on your door, hand you a leaflet and ask if you would like their product/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Hi Smart_S,

Do you have sales experience? If not, you should work a few months doing door to door. It will really stand to you. It's something that can be learned quite fast if you immerse yourself in it. Good luck with the venture. Sorry I can't answer any of your actual questions.

Advertisement