Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Propalin syrup

• 09-03-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, so we are basically out of the woods with Dude now, he's peeing a lot now but he seems to just be a bit too leaky! He leaks small amounts in his sleep, when he's very relaxed while kneading me (just love getting my leg peed on :pac:) and when he licks himself! Also if he gets very excited and is running around the place he will just drop and pee all of a sudden, it's like he doesn't realise he has to go until exactly that moment and then he really needs to. I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience in using propalin syrup in cats? I've only ever seen it used in older female dogs so really don't know much about it with cats. He never has any urine scald or anything like that because I always have vet beds and incontinance sheets down under him to soak it up but the other cats are getting upset with the smell. Would he have to be on it for the rest of his life or would a corse of it help build up strength? I'm just so scared of using anything in case his bladder locks up and he can't go at all again... The joys of nerve injury cats!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hey guys, so we are basically out of the woods with Dude now, he's peeing a lot now but he seems to just be a bit too leaky! He leaks small amounts in his sleep, when he's very relaxed while kneading me (just love getting my leg peed on :pac:) and when he licks himself! Also if he gets very excited and is running around the place he will just drop and pee all of a sudden, it's like he doesn't realise he has to go until exactly that moment and then he really needs to. I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience in using propalin syrup in cats? I've only ever seen it used in older female dogs so really don't know much about it with cats. He never has any urine scald or anything like that because I always have vet beds and incontinance sheets down under him to soak it up but the other cats are getting upset with the smell. Would he have to be on it for the rest of his life or would a corse of it help build up strength? I'm just so scared of using anything in case his bladder locks up and he can't go at all again... The joys of nerve injury cats!!

I don't know anything about it on cats but it worked like magic on my eldest for 2 years (I think) then suddenly stopped working overnight, she is now on a tablet called incurrin which is brill and propalin ( but I don't think propalin is doing anything).

Advertisement