Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Bag

• 09-03-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Looking for a laptop bag for a 15.6" laptop. Something with a bit of protection about it instead of the €15 glorified plastic bags that retail outlets around Ireland seem to be selling.

Anyone know any website or anything that I should look on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

TK Maxx always seem to have plenty of Laptop Bags for sale (well my branch in Drogheda always does), a lot of them would be good quality. Its where I go every time I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

P.S. Bring the laptop with you when shopping, or maybe cut a bit of cardboard to the same size. The size wont be written on the bag in TK Maxx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I got on in Harvey Norman in the end. Limerick TK Maxx had no laptop bags :(

Got one sorted anyway, thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Looking for other places to buy a good laptop bag, either online or high street stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭wandererz

Have one for sale here: http://www.adverts.ie/9114293
    If that's of any interest.

Has a decent amount of padding.

Failing that, the samsonite store in Kildare Village outlet had some nice ones the last time i checked (if you're anywhere close to there).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

are samsonite ones expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

I have a dell backpack brand new, looking 40 Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭wandererz

kala85 wrote: »
    are samsonite ones expensive?

They may not be Samsonite branded per se. Samsonite manufactures for other brands, e.g. Timberland. So you get Samsonite quality and warranty albeit under a different brand name.

Depends on what you consider expensive.
    The cases i saw a few months back were 50-120 euro or so.

The one i use now is from Waterfield Designs in San Francisco. Loads of storage space, but no cushioning.
    I can fit two laptops including power supplies or a laptop and overnight change of clothing if travelling light.

It was expensive at over €200 but 5 years later its as good as new.

Advertisement