Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ecoegg

Options
  • 09-03-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Thinking of getting one for baby clothes etc. I know they are often recommended for use with cloth nappies and was just wondering do any of the posters here use an eco egg. Any views on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I use one and find it surprisingly good. It got stains out of his clothes that would normally only come out with detergent if I pre-soaked them in something like Vanish Oxy-action first. I was shocked. Just be very careful if you use a washer-dryer as the egg becomes pretty useless if it goes through a dryer cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I got it for cloth nappies and now use it on everything. Some stains on white things don't come out so now I prewash with a spoon of napisan before putting the egg in for whites. I find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

thanks for the replies. Think I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Just wondering where you've seen these? We have hard water so might be interested in giving it a go.

Also can you put Vanish in with it as well? I usually put vanish powder in with the detergent in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I got mine on amazon. I don't know if adding a detergent will effect it or not. I do sometimes add a couple of drops of lavender oil into the detergent drawer for scent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement