Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist visa question

Options
  • 09-03-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm going to have to apply for a tourist visa while I'm going through the visa application process. My current visa expires Wednesday, and I know I have to apply a minimum of 24 hours before it expires. I transferred extra cash into my account, about 3000 dollars, which should arrive by tomorrow. (need it for proof of funding) Otherwise, I've got about 1500 CAD. Should be enough, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. According to the bank, it'll arrive either tomorrow (most likely) or Tuesday at the absolute latest.

If it arrives tomorrow, I'm away in a hack. No problem, apply straightaway. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, can I hold out on applying for the tourist visa until Tuesday? It's the day before my IEC expires.

I can absolutely get loans from friends if I need to, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Advertisement