Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value skip hire in cork city

Options
  • 09-03-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all
    I need to hire a skip for disposal of an old patio slabs and junk out of a shed , any recomendations for best prices etc .:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

just dump it outside your front door i bet ya it will be gone in a day:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

You could get those skip o bags at a garage and fill them one at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

If you can borrow a van or jeep or a trailer you can dump DIY material yourself at Rafeen Creek for €20 to €40. Will work out much cheaper than any skip hire.

See
    http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/260694695.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

One 240L rubbish bin €10
    Five Recycling bags €10
    021-431 1892
    I have used them once last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I have used Healy blue bins in the past as they where the cheapest at the time for a small skip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Midelton Skip Hire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

think I used Advanced Skip Hire before, to be honest with you I found the most annoying thing to be the collection of the damn thing, we agreed on a collection day and it came and passed....the skip was sitting in my driveway for about a week later before they were bothered to come and collect it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

what does no "white goods" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

bigmike99 wrote: »
    what does no "white goods" mean?

Washing machines, fridges, dishwashers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

siblers wrote: »
    Washing machines, fridges, dishwashers etc

thanks im grand so my fridge is silver:D thats abit stupid having people ringing them everyday asking what are white goods rather than just stating no large electrical... Anyway i take them to cork city landfill for free i think?

Im trying to figure out if its cheaper to make multiple trailer trips to that landfill and pay charges for each matress and each trailer load or get a very large skip?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

no jax stuff lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I find Cork mini skips about the cheapest and they are quick to deliver & collect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

How long can you hold on to the skip for ?

I need about 2 weeks,is there an extra charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I've used O'Brien skips recently and found them very good. Was able to hang on to the skips for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

I find Cork mini skips about the cheapest and they are quick to deliver & collect

I've found them very slow to collect. It took several calls and an extra week over what was planned and agreed. Certainly cheap though

Advertisement