Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The slugs are out/war on slugs

• 09-03-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I noticed the slugs were attacking my daffs (already) two weeks ago. I put out a few trays of their favourite tipple, guinness, and the results have been frightening. The sheer ammount of these guys, that have succumbed to their addiction already is just incredible. It's time to commence battle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Slick50 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I noticed the slugs were attacking my daffs (already) two weeks ago. I put out a few trays of their favourite tipple, guinness, and the results have been frightening. The sheer ammount of these guys, that have succumbed to their addiction already is just incredible. It's time to commence battle.
    Murderer, slugs are creatures too and have a right to live and eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Murderer, slugs are creatures too and have a right to live and eat.

Tell that to the hedgehogs in my back garden (welcome back folks), they've just awakened from a nice sleep and are ravenous :cool:
    Anyway, if slugs want to drink themselves to death that's their problem, or do we need the bleeding hearts to set up a help group for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Good point! And its a happier way to go than slug pellets. (I have some very old and out of date beer that I have been saving, my husband gets very twitchy about me using drinkable beer for the slugs :-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

tweezers and a bowl for years is what i did.throw them in the local green well away from the garden as incredibly they did slide back up the road from about 40 metres away. in the end i stopped planting there dinner at ground level and used window boxes for pansies etc life is much easier that way!

Advertisement