Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready....Steady....Go...

• 09-03-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Just watched the Weather forecast on Countryfile on BBC, the good news is that the Jet Stream is heading north of us, so that's the end of the Platoons of Low Pressure Systems and constant Storms.

We are set for a week or more of High Pressure, higher Temps, with some rain.

So it's time to get the seeds into seed trays, and into the greenhouse/poly tunnels.
    The soil is probably still too cold to plant, maybe a couple of weeks, but....let the germination start.

Good luck everyone.

So what's on your list this year.?

I am going for Toms, courgettes, Gerkins, some peppers, Spuds of course, might try peas again, broad beans,
    I also will bring on plants for the hanging baskets, and window boxes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

martinn123 wrote: »
    Just watched the Weather forecast on Countryfile on BBC, the good news is that the Jet Stream is heading north of us, so that's the end of the Platoons of Low Pressure Systems and constant Storms.

So it's time to get the seeds into seed trays, and into the greenhouse/poly tunnels.
    The soil is probably still too cold to plant, maybe a couple of weeks, but....let the germination start.

Good luck everyone.

I am going for Toms, courgettes, Gerkins, some peppers, Spuds of course, might try peas again, broad beans,

Ive almost completed "Phase 2" of my great garden plan.
    basically Ive bought a new super shed, so Ive got to take the old one down and skip it along with some hedge and tree trimming
    Then I can think of where I am going to put veggies.
    Behind the new shed is a great sun trap, so I could put a bed in there or a little lean to greenhouse. I'm lucky to have a fairly large garden with lots of little areas to do stuff with.
    I got a load of seeds cheap from dealz this weekend and some seed spuds so next week will be busy alright
    I'll probably do a separate thread with photos to show off and encourage others to do their own landscaping

So, Toms, spuds in the ground instead of bags, peas, runner beans , lettuce, peppers, spring onions, brocilli and loads more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

martinn123 wrote: »

Good luck everyone.

Just been watching RTE weather forecast.Ireland will have a "blocking high" over it from tomorrow onwards up till next weekend.This means nice sunny days with temperatures of up to 14 degrees celsius,but also very cold frosty nights.So best to cover over any fragile plants shrubs and flowers that are prone to frost damage with fleece over the comming nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭OldRio

Back to the garden. Love it.
    Daffodils and crocus are out. Sun shining. Spring is here.

Jobs for the week include sowing peppers and chillis indoors. I bought a heated propagator. So new toys to play with.:D
    (I was going to build one but never got around to it.)

A bit early for my other veggies yet. But I have promised the wife to sow seeds for cut flowers for the house. I'll have to read up about that.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

All seeded up, in trays in the Greenhouse, just in time for the clocks going forward

This year its Tomatoes, Runner Beans, Broad beans, Various Salads, Cucumbers, Gerkins, sewed carrots direct into the ground.

Lot's of packets of flower seeds, for the hanging baskets, lets hope for a Summer like last year.

Advertisement