Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange behaviour whilst eating

• 09-03-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have a cairn terrier cross who is about 3 and a half. This week I've noticed her behaviour whilst eating has been a bit odd. She has been approaching her food, taking a few mouthfuls and then doing a retreat. It's like her back legs fold under her and she does a little sort of collapse back. It looks a bit panicky but it's the fact that she seems to do this sudden folding of the back legs that worries me. Any ideas?

I can't see why she would develop a sudden anxiety about eating. She hasn't had any bad experience lately and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I'm a bit baffled

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

She needs to see the vet op... She could have a sore tooth that's making her scared to eat even though she's hungry (which, if she's approaching her bowl, she is!), or there may be something going on with spine or nerves... Could be all sorts of things, but when it comes to a sudden, and indeed odd change in behaviour, your vet is the first port of call.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

That's what I'm thinking myself. I'd rather be safe than sorry. As she is really not a nervous dog

Advertisement