Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 13 Results

• 09-03-2014 9:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans @ Dolphins

Dolphins DBs are spec catching anything near them!
    Titans find themselves 5 points down shortly after half time, Titans go back in front, only to get beaten by a long bomb from Tannehill

Titans go for it on 4th and 13 inside the 20 but its picked in the endzone
    Titans force a quick 3 and out.
    Titans are on 2 and 3 at 9 yard line with 1:20 left, 1st and goal at the 4.., Titans go for 2, Hunter catches it

Fins have 12 seconds and 3 TOs, they take it from the 20

Tannehill is about to send a pass deep, but to avoid the sack trips over his o-line man and goes down, Titans get the win

Titans get the win but its not pretty with Locker throwing 5 ints,
    C2J is back with 3 TDs and 125 yards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans take on the saints in CPU form due to Paully having a 'real life' or something :P

Final score was 48-13 to my texans!

Saints D was impossible to run against but mr foster only getting 60 yards off 22 carries...this displeases me!

However, texans run d was solid just 15 yards for sproles off 6 carries!

Matt '****ty contract' Shaub threw for 346 yards with 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions which one bounced off a receivers helmet into waiting cornerbacks hands!

Tyler bray threw for 258 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions!

Andre Johnson caught for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns

Jimmy graham caught only 3 passes due to getting knocked out for the game with a SMACK from Ed Reed...didn't drop the paul tho!

Mister Watt dished out 3 more sacks to bring his tally to 16 for the season

Wish we could have played ourselves Paully and see how out-screened each other! Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Good Christ!!!!

9ers beat CPU Cowboys 28-27! Romo really likes to throw the ball, had no answer for him. 27-21 down with 1:30 left and 0 timeouts went up the field and went over as I was trying to QB slide leaving loads of time on the clock. Cowboys go down the field in what I thought was FG range but try running with 15 seconds to be tackled for loss leaving them to try a Hail Mary but ultimately failing!

I need to go to bed... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beat the CPU Rams but needed OT to do it. 19-16.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Most Improved Player award goes to....... CPU :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Right lads im done for the season, ive had enough, between lads no huddling dropping QB's back, going for FG's and then getting TD's and then madden screwing me over on
    onside kicks again im finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Right lads im done for the season, ive had enough, between lads no huddling dropping QB's back, going for FG's and then getting TD's and then madden screwing me over on no huddles again im finished.

Do you mean fake field goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Right lads im done for the season, ive had enough, between lads no huddling dropping QB's back, going for FG's and then getting TD's and then madden screwing me over on no huddles again im finished.

I'm sorry but I hope you don't mean all that happened in our game. I didn't no huddle once and if I did I'd have told you. You said to me early on about dropping back (which I must have done unintentionally) and I made sure it didn't happen again. I didn't once do a fake FG or whatever it is you're suggesting there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rock drop me a PM

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I hope you don't mean all that happened in our game. I didn't no huddle once and if I did I'd have told you. You said to me early on about dropping back (which I must have done unintentionally) and I made sure it didn't happen again. I didn't once do a fake FG or whatever it is you're suggesting there.

no im not suggesting you done anything. You did not Fake FG and you did not No Huddle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

no im not suggesting you done anything. You did not Fake FG and you did not No Huddle...

sorry that's me being a bit defensive. My bad

• Advertisement

Rock drop me a PM

Heli with respect i wont be sending a pm, the games are over and thats all that matters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

In fairness there is not much Heli or anyone else can do to improve things if you are not willing to let him know what the issues are and who needs to change how they play,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Heli with respect i wont be sending a pm, the games are over and thats all that matters.

I don't think we played each other but if it was me I'd want to know I'm doing it and that's it's pissing people off so I could cut it out! And regarding QB drop backs... What is that? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    In fairness there is not much Heli or anyone else can do to improve things if you are not willing to let him know what the issues are and who needs to change how they play,

Exactly this. If you have a problem with a player you should tell us. Not much anyone can do if they aren't aware of the situation. And by just up and leaving the league and not telling us now you aren't helping other people that might have to face it.

This season has been great for me I haven't encountered any dropping back or anything.

Carroller wrote: »
    I don't think we played each other but if it was me I'd want to know I'm doing it and that's it's pissing people off so I could cut it out! And regarding QB drop backs... What is that? :o

QB drop backs are a kind of glitch in the game. Instead of just taking the normal 3, 5 or 7 yard drop back that a QB takes, the player presses down on the controller, the QB drops back about 10 yards, takes a while for the line to get to him and for some reason this means that his WRs seem to get lots of space.

I wont be dropping out raoul, i like playing here, i was just pissed off after the game.

Carroller wrote: »

There was a problem a few years back where you could snap the ball and basically run backwards with the QB meaning the pass rush couldn't get to you, waiting for someone to get open. Obviously completely unrealistic and very frustrating for your opponent, I don't think it is a huge problem on this version but still shouldn't be happening.

I wont be dropping out raoul, i like playing here, i was just pissed off after the game.

Good stuff but tell us who did what and what exactly happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens 27 Browns 24

Tight game and the difference came down to a 4th quarter pick by Matt Elam SS when the Browns were close to the red zone

The Brown never gave up and cut a 10 point deficit to 3 with a super quick scoring drive, probably a little over a minute

MVP of the game was Ray Rice with 2 TDs and 207 yds rushing. Scott Candler TE was welcomed back from the injury room and he got a few key 3rd down conversions.

Hard luck Paddy, close game and could have gone either way. Good luck for the season and beat the Bengals for me!! :)

Ravens go 7-5 and travel to Tennessee next week

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pats sneak past the Eagles 32-28.
    One punt a piece tells the whole story of the game.
    At 7-7 Pats had to settle for a FG and then gave the Eagles the ball to start the 2nd half.
    This lead to the Pats chasing the game. The game ebbs and flows and the Eagles are killing with quick slants and screens. Big play by the Big Fella Vince Wilfork as he brings McCoy down behind well behind the line. Then a big play from Thompkins hauling in a 56yd catch.Then they got the go ahead score with less than 2mins to go in the game.
    Plenty of time for Shady and co. to get down the field. Which they duly did.
    Pats couldn't buy a stop till they were in the redzone and they stopped the Eagles 7yds short on 3rd down. Needing a score to go ahead the Eagles went for it. Pats CBs drop deep into coverage and its thrown and Arrington jumps the route and its a pick!!

Great game Knex, tough trying to stop McCoy and Hilton. Got lucky with a few throws that would have been picked in another game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Good game guns. Best of luck for the season! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Don't normally post about CPU games but this one was different. Final 2 minutes, Jets driving with a 8 point lead...fumble lost. Broncos tie with a TD and 2 point conversion. Jets driving again.....another fumble lost, Broncos stopped but kick a FG to lead with 50 seconds left. Jets drive the field and score the winning TD with 5 seconds remaining....whew !

Raoul, are you playing your game?

I was playing it earlier but my tv is broke and it cut off. :(. I am getting a new TV at the weekend. You can advance if you like. I couldn't be bothered playing the CPU again and it getting cut off.

Raoul wrote: »
    I was playing it earlier but my tv is broke and it cut off. :(. I am getting a new TV at the weekend. You can advance if you like. I couldn't be bothered playing the CPU again and it getting cut off.

sorry i did see that, I know the pain of not having a working TV.. my ears bled due to my wife nagging me :pac:

Skins/ Hawks are just done on their game so will advance in a few

sorry i did see that, I know the pain of not having a working TV.. my ears bled due to my wife nagging me :pac:

Skins/ Hawks are just done on their game so will advance in a few

It is a pain, takes 15 min for the screen to "warm up" and then it is fine but the past two days it is freezing for no reason, usually comes back after about 15 or 20 min, just didn't have time to wait. :(

is it a samsung?

is it a samsung?

Yes it is. Why? :eek:

Raoul wrote: »
    Yes it is. Why? :eek:

had the same issue, its well known issue (if its the same one)
    Something to do with the solder breaking down on some capacitor, about 80 quid (2 years ago) to fix

• Advertisement

had the same issue, its well known issue (if its the same one)
    Something to do with the solder breaking down on some capacitor, about 80 quid (2 years ago) to fix

Only 80 euro to fix? I was reading up that it was extremely difficult to fix and not worth it when this happens. The TV itself is 5 or 6 years old.

Advertisement