Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 sound question

Options
  • 09-03-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I recently got an xbox 360. I have the xbox connected via hdmi cable to a 1440p computer monitor that has no speakers. What's the best way to hear sound from the games? (Assuming it's possible!). If I get one of those mic/headphones that plugs into the controller can I hear game audio or is that just for ingame chat?

Anyone with a similar setup that wouldn't mind sharing their solution? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

My set up is the same, I have computer speakers plugged into the monitor for in-game sound. I assume there's a headphone jack on the monitor.. Something like this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1086391/Trail/searchtext%3ESPEAKERS.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hey all. I recently got an xbox 360. I have the xbox connected via hdmi cable to a 1440p computer monitor that has no speakers. What's the best way to hear sound from the games? (Assuming it's possible!). If I get one of those mic/headphones that plugs into the controller can I hear game audio or is that just for ingame chat?

Anyone with a similar setup that wouldn't mind sharing their solution? Thanks!

The controller on the 360 is just for chat unfortunately.

Which version of the 360 do you have, as there was a few hardware revisions, and they may have different solutions for each one.

A usb headset should work though (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

My set up is the same, I have computer speakers plugged into the monitor for in-game sound. I assume there's a headphone jack on the monitor.

Feck sake I'm an idiot! It never even crossed my mind to check the monitor for a headphone jack. Sure enough there's one tucked away at the back. That's perfect. You are a genius.

Thanks for the other help too lads.

Advertisement