Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line still down after storm, any comeback?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

It's nearly four weeks since our eircom line was damaged in the storm. Anytime I contact them I either get told that (A) they're currently working on it or (B) they'll be out in the next few days. I can see the break from my window and no-one has been anywhere near it!

With nearly 4 weeks without a phone line or broadband, am I required to still pay out the full amount on my next bill? I really do think it's an unacceptable length of time to be without service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

If you are a rural area I'm not surprised - you can't expect the same service levels as in urban areas. It is possible that the source of your problem could be somewhere else and not the 'obvious' break that you can see.

I would imagine that Eircom should be able to do a deal with you on the line rental and broadband subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Whiplashy wrote: »
    It's nearly four weeks since our eircom line was damaged in the storm. Anytime I contact them I either get told that (A) they're currently working on it or (B) they'll be out in the next few days. I can see the break from my window and no-one has been anywhere near it!

With nearly 4 weeks without a phone line or broadband, am I required to still pay out the full amount on my next bill? I really do think it's an unacceptable length of time to be without service.

Do not sit on this. If you have not already, get onto an eircom rep on boards.ie eircom section, do it now. So you have public reference of your issue complaint and timeframes.tweet them too.

Eircom centres , maintenance, complaints, billing ,all their sections communicate so bad you will be astonished you're dealing with a "communications" company.

you will be left on the long finger I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - would you like me to move this thread to the Talk to eircom folder to see if the reps there can help?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

dudara wrote: »
    OP - would you like me to move this thread to the Talk to eircom folder to see if the reps there can help?

dudara

That would be great. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dudara wrote: »

dudara

That would be great. Thanks :)
    Hi Whiplashy

Feel free tp PM me your landline number and I'll check for an update.

Also I would like to assure you that you can claim a rebate for the downtime once the line has been repaired by contacting eircom customer charter on free phone 1800400000.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Whiplashy

Feel free tp PM me your landline number and I'll check for an update.

Also I would like to assure you that you can claim a rebate for the downtime once the line has been repaired by contacting eircom customer charter on free phone 1800400000.

Thanks

Al

Thanks for the information Al. We had an engineer out this morning and we're now reconnected. I'll give customer care a ring tomorrow. I know there was a lot of faults to fix so I don't really mind the delay as long as I won't have to pay full price for 4 weeks without service.

Well I rang the above number this morning and got a very different story. Eircom are not willing to give any concessions on the bill because of storm damage. I find it totally unacceptable that I should have to pay full price for 4 weeks with no service!

On the plus side she did tell me my contract is up the end of April, so bye bye Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Well I rang the above number this morning and got a very different story. Eircom are not willing to give any concessions on the bill because of storm damage. I find it totally unacceptable that I should have to pay full price for 4 weeks with no service!

On the plus side she did tell me my contract is up the end of April, so bye bye Eircom!
    HI Whiplashy

Sorry to hear this,

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Stop your DD and create your own rebate

johnb25 wrote: »
    Stop your DD and create your own rebate

No way! They'll stick penalties onto my account then. They actually done me a favor anyway. Same package from Sky is going to save me €330 over the next 12 months :D I would have just renewed my contract without looking elsewhere if they hadn't annoyed me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement